Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cant spend any money

Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
X2
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow man! now you've got them fighting over you!!!! I'm sure you will get you're bits soon!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
try asking for parts instead of bits

if you asked me for bits I would think that you were trying to lick my nutz
I STILL DON'T GET IT!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

You think you're getting screwed? I just paid $90 duty on a $300 item I ordered from the UK and paid $25 shipping and $15 duty on a set of $50 used spacers that would've cost 8 bucks shipping if I've live in the US.

Welcome to Canada....the land of 'yup, we'll take it up the arse'!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JulianK
You think you're getting screwed? I just paid $90 duty on a $300 item I ordered from the UK and paid $25 shipping and $15 duty on a set of $50 used spacers that would've cost 8 bucks shipping if I've live in the US.

My buddy had the same problem with getting tires up there. He misses buy 3 get 1 free sales...The duty fees are crazy. Of course, if he drives over the border, they won't let him back in. His truck is lifted to high..
Old 08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dxbjeep
Its not old english its how the language should be spoken in the first place over in America you guys seem to use different words for differnt meanings, funny sometimes though

Back to subject though, I know exactly where your going with the shipping, I live in Dubai and have the same problem, usually shipping is nearly as much as the parts I order.

The way the English spell is called Old English here in America. Fact. Tell me that language and spelling isn't old and I will call you an idiot.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear that the Queens English has been so diluted by the french over the last hundred years or so, in the US

Anyway, back to the real world, i emailed manufactures, not dealers, about the extra weight of the CRD engine, causing problems with the springs. As the OME HD springs are just way to hard, i want a soft ride, not loose some teeth everytime i hit pot hole, it does tend to jar ones bones somewhat,

Gone with the AEV 4" springs, with Bilsitns, and some rear teraflex adjustable arms, as i already have front Teraflex. Made my own control arms drop brackets.

Might end up with long arms, as i feel this would soak up bumps better, as in the standard Land Rover Defender.

Longshank
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JulianK

He he said Duty! I would love to come vist over there. Dr Who rules. I watch BBC America when I can. I know shipping suck there. I bought a 94 Camry G2.2 Center tail light from the UK. Shipping Air is ungodly and Euro conversion sucks. I wanted the boot too. Any of you guys over there PM me if you want to sell any parts.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

All you sponser guys, make sure you write on the box, "Here's your bits mate!" before you ship 'em!

Also, another reason it's great to be on here, direct access to the mod makers themselves.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by longshank
Well you people in the USA have it all, great wide open countryside to drive in, and all the suppliers falling over themselves to sell you Jeep bits.

I am in the UK, weather sucks, taxes suck, and we have a prime minister nobody voted for, and on top of that, how ever many emails i send to USA suppliers, i dont even get a reply saying, they cant supply bits.

Perhaps i am just unlucky, and all my emails vanished into a black hole, along with all my tax money.

Can anybody help, now i finished moaning,

I have a 2007 JK 4 door, CRD.
I want 4" lift, rear adjustable lower control arms, front quick disconnects, and shocks to suit, extended brake lines.

Also possibly, heavy duty rear track control arm, and front one, but mine is RHD

The reason bits are missing from my list is, i have teraflex adjustable front lower arms, and have made my own front and rear control arm drop brackets, and have HD OME springs at the moment, but they are such a hard ride.

So any body want to quote, to ship to the UK, money waiting.

I'll be in Bath and Melksham the week of the 23rd on buisness, depending on where you are at in the UK. PM me maybe I can help with hand carrying the smaller bits over the pond (the terraflex lift might be hard to fit in luggage)

Quick Reply: Cant spend any money