Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cant Drive Mine

Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Drive Mine

Ok I'm stuck on my couch and maybe this could be considered whining and if so- then so be it. I have had gout for a few years and for those of you unfamiliar with it- let me explain. It's an excessive build up of uric acids around a joint caused basically from too much alcohol, red meat or shell fish intake (amongst other things but those are the mains). When this happens crystals form around the joint and acts like thousands of razor blades slicing the ligaments whenever that joint is moved or even touched- its an extremely high level of pain. The flare ups come occasionally and last from a couple days to a week or so.
So this brings me to my whining session- I've had a flare up the past few days and the first one since having my Jeep. I'm on crutches as I cannot put any weight on my left foot/ankle at all. I cannot push a clutch needless to say- which means I cannot drive my Jeep!! I have not even sat in the seat of my Jeep in 3 days and I feel like I'm having withdraws. My wife thinks I'm crazy- I even asked her last night if she would just drive me around the neighborhood in it. I'm jonesing pretty bad- Jeeps are way more than "just a vehicle"- I miss it almost like missing my kids if they are away!
So since I'm bored and stuck on the couch- I naturally wonder if anyone else has had something like this happen. Entertain me while I'm down and out. (this gout attack also caused me to miss going to the Hard Rock ride in Ocala today that we had planned on going to for a month). THIS SUCKS!
Thanks y'all
Old 06-16-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

So Two zombies are eating a clown, one zombie says to the other, hey does this taste funny.
Hope that helps alittle. Sorry to hear what you are going thru, I can't tell you how bad I feel for you right now not beeing able to drive your jeep. I never had the gout but I know some people who have and I know that they are left in alot of pain and I hope you get well soon going to try and take some pics of the topless n doorless jeep today. Get well
Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKJA10
So Two zombies are eating a clown, one zombie says to the other, hey does this taste funny.
Hope that helps alittle. Sorry to hear what you are going thru, I can't tell you how bad I feel for you right now not beeing able to drive your jeep. I never had the gout but I know some people who have and I know that they are left in alot of pain and I hope you get well soon going to try and take some pics of the topless n doorless jeep today. Get well
Thanks a lot! Yea the weather is beautiful here and would already be out riding topless today at least by now. Its crazy- I wanna at least go look at it sitting in the garage. I think I like my Jeep a lil too much.
Have a great day bro
Old 06-16-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be in the same boat as you on Tuesday. Getting an operation on my left ankle, i'll be laid up for awhile.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's why you buy an auto you can still drive
Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Changing you diet will make a hell of a difference, but I'm sure your doc. Already mentioned that. Hope you get well!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

My uncle has gout. It starts in his feet then slowly works its way up to his knees then on to his hips. Ever seen a grown man cry? Well thats how bad it is.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajeeper
My uncle has gout. It starts in his feet then slowly works its way up to his knees then on to his hips. Ever seen a grown man cry? Well thats how bad it is.
Yea I've seen a grown man cry- I was that man the other night. It's the worse pain I've ever experienced. Even the bed sheet hurts laying on it.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Really , I feel sorry for you I twisted my ankle bad on Thursday and my jeep is sitting in the garage and I don't care not missing drive it or anything , I am kinda bum because some friends called this morning and said lets go shooting and where we shoot is a nice place to off road to but I didn't go because of my ankle and now I am here typing this
Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear this. Hope this is intertaining/helpful.

Driving a clutch with ONE foot?
ht tp://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2284508/driving-a-clutch-with-one-foot

Quick Reply: Cant Drive Mine