Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can you bring the Jeep?

Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you bring the Jeep?

4:52am

Friend: "Dude how awake are you?"

Me: "Enough to be talking to you a**hole! What's up?"

Friend: "Well, you see I'm kinda stuck in the snow."

Me: "What?"

Friend: "I'm stuck in the snow. Luke called me saying he was stuck so I came up to get him out and now I'm stuck too."

Me: "Where are you at?"

Long story short: Luke wanted to take a lady friend up in the snow for some... Well... that really didn't work out when he got stuck. So he called Dusty to come rescue him. Well... that really didn't work out when he got stuck. So then I get the call to come bring the JK to rescue the both of them! That time it worked out.
(No Dodge Quad Cab cummins were injured to tell this story, only egos! )

So has owning your JK put you on your friends short list to come rescue them when they get in trouble?

AND NEVER WHEEL ALONE!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

So I wonder if "Luke" every got any
Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
haha.. worst phone calls ever... Put your phone on Silent when you go to sleep. I got a call like this about a month ago.
I did too, but it wasnt too late, only about 930. My brother got his XJ stuck in some mud. He was sitting on both axles It was a great excuse to play with the winch
Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two neighbors saw me playing in the snow banks around here, after a big snowstorm, and decided to play too. Long story short the Nissan Titan and the Jimmy did not make it. I had to pull them both out as well. The Jimmy owner said, ''I'm not sure I trust this thing as an SUV anymore". The Titan owner said, "My rig is too heavy and just sinks right in. That Jeep is light enough to go right over and keep going."
Old 02-27-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a similar phone call 1 hour before a club meeting, friend called saying a couple of friends of his were playing in the very noth end of Lake Washington and got there XJ drowned and stuck and my friend could NOT pull them out with his 3/4 ton 4x4 dodge deisel powered truck.
RubyDoo to the rescue and i was even dressed for the meeting as well.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GrassSeed JK
4:52am

Friend: "Dude how awake are you?"

Me: "Enough to be talking to you a**hole! What's up?"

Friend: "Well, you see I'm kinda stuck in the snow."

Me: "What?"

Friend: "I'm stuck in the snow. Luke called me saying he was stuck so I came up to get him out and now I'm stuck too."

Me: "Where are you at?"

Long story short: Luke wanted to take a lady friend up in the snow for some... Well... that really didn't work out when he got stuck. So he called Dusty to come rescue him. Well... that really didn't work out when he got stuck. So then I get the call to come bring the JK to rescue the both of them! That time it worked out.

So has owning your JK put you on your friends short list to come rescue them when they get in trouble?

AND NEVER WHEEL ALONE!
techincally he wasn't alone... but i know what you mean.

Originally Posted by lc619fr
So I wonder if "Luke" every got any

Luke should've played it cool... be driving along, and bog down in the snow. just throw it in park and be like "this is a good spot". and when they are ready to go brush off being stuck with something like "damn, all that rocking and heat made us sink in the snow and now we are stuck."
Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

My buddy wasn't stuck.....exactly. A Sheriff's deputy rolled up on him and his girl just as they were about to get busy. They were both made to exit the car via PA and the deputy was very insistent that they do it NOW! Well, not having a lot of time, they both got out in their underwear. After a little verbal warning and a little laughing from the deputy, he got in his cruiser and left. My buddy and his girl went to get into his car and found the doors locked! I was pissed that he woke me up but after getting there and finding them standing beside the car in their undies, it was all worth it!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

So no incriminating photos of your friends being stuck that can be posted on the web to make up for your friends calling to wake you up?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

I am everyones first call when it comes to getting stuck.... but when I get stuck no one will bring there 4x4 into where I am.
When you are stuck in a JK you better hope someone else can get to where you are... or buy a winch
Old 02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrassSeed JK

]
Must have been really early in the morning....as to use a +8000lb truck for a vehicle recovery in the snow.....

Can you say up to the axles and frame rails in a hurray....Know very well from experience!!!

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 02-27-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Can you bring the Jeep?