Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can you beat hardtop install my time???

Old 11-17-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Cargo straps, bungee cords and 2x4s. Now read that again. Even with nuthin else involved, it's a recipe for disaster.
Yeah, it sounds like something a redneck would try . . . er, no offense, Redneck.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could do what i did... way more stable than a single rope or wire pulley

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/finally-my-hard-top-hoist-88814/

didnt cost more than $120 or so.. easy to install.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yeah, it sounds like something a redneck would try . . . er, no offense, Redneck.
None taken.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the setup that smbundy13 has, in fact I went out and got the same one. However I do not necessarily like using the straps to connect the freedom top to the shelf (though it seems to work fine).

Before I bought the hoist I also debated HG07JKRubi's hoist. The question I have is the hooks that are used to pick up the freedom top kind of scare me. It is not that they are not connected well. It is that the weight of the freedom top is supported by 3 (4 if I do it on my hoist) hooks. The hooks appear to only really connect with the freedom top at their pointed tip. Is that so? If it is, then that is a lot of weight to have on some really small areas. I am afraid that if I used hooks, the hooks would start to crack the freedom top. Am I wrong about this or am I missing something?

Quick Reply: Can you beat hardtop install my time???