Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can a BB cause sag after a while?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a BB cause sag after a while?

Not sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me or if it's actually happening. Has anyone heard of or know a reason, why a budget spacer boost might cause sag? Maybe too much extra compresion of the factory springs? I'm running a 1.75" spacer leveling kit which seemed quite noticeable to me for a month or so, but it appears that it's settling back down close to factory. Am I going crazy?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Not sure if it's my mind playing tricks on me or if it's actually happening. Has anyone heard of or know a reason, why a budget spacer boost might cause sag? Maybe too much extra compresion of the factory springs? I'm running a 1.75" spacer leveling kit which seemed quite noticeable to me for a month or so, but it appears that it's settling back down close to factory. Am I going crazy?
The quick answer is yes. You can get sag with a BB. I ran a 1.75" lift and my front springs sagged over time about 1/2". They seem to have stopped sagging any further though.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got pucks I'd say yea cause they break down over time. Just the weight of the jeep does it, you dont need bumper, winch or other stuff. I found out the hard way as well
Old 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, overtime the factory coils tend to sag when aftermarket bumpers or other weight is added.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

50,000 plus miles, no issues on my 1 3/4'' pucks....still standing tall. Rubicon Express polyurethane, poor quality materials from a supplier will cause problems over time, usually sooner than later.

Quick Reply: Can a BB cause sag after a while?