Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Camping equipment in a JK 2 door.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiking/camping solo is not stupid, I actually like it a lot more. Just be prepared. Now offroading far away from everything alone is something I'm intimidated of. I'd consider making recovery equipment a top priority, and then pack light as if backpacking, just upgrade the med kit appropriately. Hammocks are way more comfortable and much more space/time considerate than tents and pads. Also emergency gps beacons are pretty sweet and relatively cheap for the benefit. 2 things I think is mandatory for this type of thing is a good hiking backpack and a good pair of hiking boots, incase you have to walk out.

The first/most valuable thing I learned from a long backpacking trip, don't carry stuff you don't need. Have fun, very jealous
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi

This net could be useful, I have that but no wrangler yet

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...oor-Jeep/page2
Old 03-25-2012, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOVA2012JK
Hiking/camping solo is not stupid, I actually like it a lot more. Just be prepared. Now offroading far away from everything alone is something I'm intimidated of. I'd consider making recovery equipment a top priority, and then pack light as if backpacking, just upgrade the med kit appropriately. Hammocks are way more comfortable and much more space/time considerate than tents and pads. Also emergency gps beacons are pretty sweet and relatively cheap for the benefit. 2 things I think is mandatory for this type of thing is a good hiking backpack and a good pair of hiking boots, incase you have to walk out.

The first/most valuable thing I learned from a long backpacking trip, don't carry stuff you don't need. Have fun, very jealous
The med kit is definately a necessity and the emergency gps beacon is a great idea if going solo.

Good hiking/walking shoes are also a top priority.

Good points!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom
Hi

This net could be useful, I have that but no wrangler yet

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...oor-Jeep/page2
Has anyone just webbed 550 cord across the roll bars to achieve the same affect in being able to carry gear up there?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a bad idea i think you make a special type of knot. There is a thread on here of someone their cargo net out of it. I did pick me up a marine grade cooler to replace my smaller one. fits in back just have to tilt back seat forward a bit. I just haul my dog and gear for now. Looking at getting a hitch carrier or tire/carrier combo down the road. Hard to find a larger cooler that can fit behind seat without taking it out. Called JP cooler's and left message and never got a call back so they lost a sale.

Quick Reply: Camping equipment in a JK 2 door.