Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Camp Jeep 2009??????????????

Old 04-11-2008, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camp Jeep 2009??????????????

You read it right, 2009....just got this letter from Camp Jeep....

Dear Dennis Seuferling,

We're getting the word out to all of our loyal early-bird registrants that the Jeep® brand has selected summer of 2009 for the 15th Camp Jeep®.

Camp Jeep #14 in 2007 was the biggest, most successful event to date. The Jeep® brand and its hundreds of event partners are gearing up to make Camp Jeep #15 the best event to date. As always, you can expect top-notch music, entertainment, four-wheeling, vehicle displays, and interaction with Jeep® designers, engineers and more.
We will keep you informed as we have further information.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

It really bites that it's not happening this year
Old 04-11-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice that they sent you a letter. But not nice that it's only three months till the event should have taken place for 2008.

This letter should have gone out a long time ago, and they still have'nt updated their web-site.....

But thanks for posting this. Now everyone knows that Camp Jeep 08 is a NO-GO....
Old 04-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Turtle

Ah, you beat me to it!

Camp Jeep® Summer 2009

Dear Michael Macleod,

We're getting the word out to all of our loyal early-bird registrants that the Jeep® brand has selected summer of 2009 for the 15th Camp Jeep®.

Camp Jeep #14 in 2007 was the biggest, most successful event to date. The Jeep® brand and its hundreds of event partners are gearing up to make Camp Jeep #15 the best event to date. As always, you can expect top-notch music, entertainment, four-wheeling, vehicle displays, and interaction with Jeep® designers, engineers and more.
We will keep you informed as we have further information.

Yeah, this really stinks! I wasn't living in Virginia last year, and I was really looking forward to being so close to Camp Jeep! I'm sure there will be other events, though.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Turtle

What really sucks is that a bunch of people were trying to get a jump on hotel and camping reservations, and have already booked rooms for the weeks that people were projecting; seems that Jeep must have looked into using the same location as last year, and that info leaked out to some people.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Turtle
What really sucks is that a bunch of people were trying to get a jump on hotel and camping reservations, and have already booked rooms for the weeks that people were projecting; seems that Jeep must have looked into using the same location as last year, and that info leaked out to some people.

It strikes me as strange they say, "Last year was the biggest and most succesful ever"

Now I am no rocket scientist but if I am running something that was "Bigger and better than ever before", I am gonna make damn sure it keeps going strong...
Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Junkie

beat ya....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35979
Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Turtle

^^^ Especially since the JK has been setting sales records all over the place.

I can't wait to hear an official explanation from Jeep as to why they are skipping this year.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Super Freak

We were going to stay at Wintergreen Resort for 2008.

Now that Jeep said "Not Happening" for 2008 it's going to cost me $25 to not go. Oh well, that's what I get for trying to plan ahead.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

Hey,, any chance that the local 4wd club in that area would like to put on a small event for $.. Make it a charity event.. Since there are lots of people who planned on heading that way that weekend.. Might not be camp jeep but might be able to make something good out of it still??

Quick Reply: Camp Jeep 2009??????????????