Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Camp Crocker, Screaming Lizard, and other builders.. Question for ya...

Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camp Crocker, Screaming Lizard, and other builders.. Question for ya...

You guys do some amazing work and the Hemi upgrade seems to be working wonderfully... Have you guys ever thought about doing a diesel JK at all with the likes of an Isuzu Duramax or International powerstroke at all?? What are your thoughts about that? I love the Hemi conversions, but I'm a huge diesel guy, and that would be a killer conversion in my eyes...
Old 07-16-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

My friend just sent me a link to a group of people who do Diesel conversions. Here is there link

dieseltoyz.com/Home.html I just may get another trail runner for this...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Cool.. Thanks bro...
Old 07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
rws
JK Enthusiast

bumping this up as I'd really like to hear some opinions on a Duramax transplant in a JK...
Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

i think the biggest reason to go with a hemi is b/c ppl investing that much want something street legal. in most states that means the engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle it's going in & must be offered in another vehicle under the same brand.

example: 5.7 & 6.1 hemi is offered in the 2007 & up Jeep Grand Cherokees and therefore the 6.1 hemi can be swapped in. there are other rules but that is the short simple version. now for trail rigs only that arent gonna have tags that's another story.

Last edited by jkx0778; 07-31-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkx0778
i think the biggest reason to go with a hemi is b/c ppl investing that much want something street legal. in most states that means the engine must be the same year or newer than the vehicle it's going in & must be offered in another vehicle under the same brand.

example: 5.7 & 6.1 hemi is offered in the 2007 & up Jeep Grand Cherokees and therefore the 6.1 hemi can be swapped in. there are other rules but that is the short simple version. now for trail rigs only that arent gonna have tags that's another story.
similar laws are coming to canada

no going backwards

although the diesel option would be nice
Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

suprised this didn't go anywhere. I'm pretty sure the duramax is a possibility considering it has to weigh considerbly less then say a cummins. Not to mention the V8 is more condusive to the engine bay. That inline six is way too long and way too heavy for the Jk platform (stock framing etc..). And yes I've see that JK cummins that used the truck frame. I've been trying to get a wieght measurement of the duramax.. anyone have a clue?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bondkx01
suprised this didn't go anywhere. I'm pretty sure the duramax is a possibility considering it has to weigh considerbly less then say a cummins. Not to mention the V8 is more condusive to the engine bay. That inline six is way too long and way too heavy for the Jk platform (stock framing etc..). And yes I've see that JK cummins that used the truck frame. I've been trying to get a wieght measurement of the duramax.. anyone have a clue?
You are probably better off finding a kit for the 3.0 diesel in the Grand Cherokee. This would keep you legal if you are in a state with smog issues. It also communicates with the computer more closely to the JK and the canbus system. Also the JK frame could better handle the 3.0 diesel.

Quick Reply: Camp Crocker, Screaming Lizard, and other builders.. Question for ya...