Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Call of Duty ??????????

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call of Duty ??????????

Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding your opinions on an Unlimited Call of Duty jeep purchase.

I am 52 years old and the dealer I am working with is having a hard time getting a JKUR. He has an Unlimited Call of Duty sitting on his lot but I have never been in the military nor do I play the video game so for me I am torn between saying screw it and buying the Call of Duty because of all the cool add-ons it already has.

However the other part of me says why the heck am I considering buying a vehicle that was built with a video game in mind and I am an old fart that doesn't even play video games.

I guess this question more relates to NON-Gamers opinion of a Call of Duty. Do you see one and think to yourself :

Thats really cool but I don't get it OR

Thats really COOL I wish I had one

This has nothing to do with whther they are COOL or not - they take BADA_ _ to another level so cheers to those of you that have them.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, not worth it. But its your call, just make sure it has the 4:1 t-case and d44 front axle, lockers. Not just the stickers and shit.

It is your money, I couldn't afford one, but I also don't like all the hyundai features, power everything, nav, stitching on seats, etc.

If you want a rubi and can't find one, go with it, peel those stickers off and no one (almost no one) can tell the difference.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sa29560
Personally, not worth it. But its your call, just make sure it has the 4:1 t-case and d44 front axle, lockers. Not just the stickers and shit.

It is your money, I couldn't afford one, but I also don't like all the hyundai features, power everything, nav, stitching on seats, etc.

If you want a rubi and can't find one, go with it, peel those stickers off and no one (almost no one) can tell the difference.
Yes, because power windows, nav screens, and seats that have been stiched together scream Hyundai. derr.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

I say wait for the Jeep you really want. Posting to ask opinion tells me you are second guessing yourself and spending that much coin on something shouldnt even be a moment of second guessing involved.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you think you'll regret it than more than likely you will
Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rbohno
Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding your opinions on an Unlimited Call of Duty jeep purchase.

I am 52 years old and the dealer I am working with is having a hard time getting a JKUR. He has an Unlimited Call of Duty sitting on his lot but I have never been in the military nor do I play the video game so for me I am torn between saying screw it and buying the Call of Duty because of all the cool add-ons it already has.

However the other part of me says why the heck am I considering buying a vehicle that was built with a video game in mind and I am an old fart that doesn't even play video games.

I guess this question more relates to NON-Gamers opinion of a Call of Duty. Do you see one and think to yourself :

Thats really cool but I don't get it OR

Thats really COOL I wish I had one

This has nothing to do with whther they are COOL or not - they take BADA_ _ to another level so cheers to those of you that have them.

Why don’t you just tell your dealer to order what you want? That way you get exactly what you want and you can negotiate dealer hold back and save even more money. That is what I did. So what if you have to wait 5 weeks for it.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsands

Why don’t you just tell your dealer to order what you want? That way you get exactly what you want and you can negotiate dealer hold back and save even more money. That is what I did. So what if you have to wait 5 weeks for it.
2012 orders are over. It will be a month or two until they will re-open for the 2013 models.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by clemons
2012 orders are over. It will be a month or two until they will re-open for the 2013 models.
No, you can still order 2012 thru May. They aren't even starting the builds on the presold limited edition of the Freedom model until June.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

I DO play the game and I think its a waste of money. The stupid badges and seats just arent me. I think its silly. Go to the dealership and check it out. I know it has call of duty stiched onto the seats and stuff. Get a Rubicon that you want and put the add ons that the Call of Duty has and I bet youll save yourself a good amount of cash.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the responses guys, you helped me make a decision.

My dealer said they found me a black JKUR and are going to do a dealer trade with a dealer 200 miles away. That dealer says the JKUR was shipped on 5/21 and is showing on their website as "In Transit". MY dealer said it could be anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks to arrive at the inbound dealer. Then they can do the dealer swap.

So my dealer has a "Call of Duty" and the dealership that is getting in the JKUR I want says they "NEED" a Call of Duty and will do a dealer trade with my dealer.

Quick Reply: Call of Duty ??????????