Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

CAI + Touchless CarWash?

Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI + Touchless CarWash?

It might be a dumb question but i've gotta ask... Has anyone with an aftermarket CAI installed, taken their JK through one of the touchless carwashes? I wanna take mine through one pretty much just for the undercarriage wash as there is lots of salt on the roads here. I have a True Flow XDI, so having the filter protected by the canister puts me at ease a little bit. Just wondering has anyone run into any problems?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have an Airaid, I pressure wash my jeep, no probs so far. And I've run through a touchless several times.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should not be a problem at all, run all my vehicles with CAI systems through touchless carwashes and no issues. However, I have always had pre-filter's over my oiled filter.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a 14" long open air filter in the fenderwell of my '04 Cobra and never had any issues, and it was 5" off the ground and was open on the end, since it's an S&B filter. I also had the inner fender trimmed so the filter was expose on the entire front half to air coming in the front spoiler. You just won't get enough water in a rain storm or car wash to cause any type of damage.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on! Thanks for the input guys. I was pretty sure I wouldnt have any problems seeing as its located exactly where the stock was in the engine compartment and its protected pretty well, just wanted to see if anyone had any mishaps. I didn't really feel like replacing an engine that only has 18000KM on it especially with the way the economy is right now.

Quick Reply: CAI + Touchless CarWash?