Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Which CAI to go with on 3.6 Pentastar

Old 06-16-2016, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which CAI to go with on 3.6 Pentastar

Hello everyone so I am looking to get a CAI for the Jeep my 14'Sahara Unlimited 3.6L Pentastar. Im looking for a great intake that will give me great RoAr but also protected from rain...ect. Ive heard Banks, AFE type 2. I just don't know in this situation. I had a KN Aircharger on my 15' camaro and it was awesome but i don't know how i feel about an open box type on this since the hood of the jeep isn't really weather stripped.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Absolute waste of money on a JK. You won't get HP gains, MPG gains, and certainly not any roaring.

(However, if you absolutely must have this thing, I'd go with the AFE.)
Old 06-16-2016, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Volant with the donaldson filter.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

AFE cold air intake, superchips traildash 2, and 4.88 gears made my jeep come alive. Fuel mileage is around 17 mpg on the highway and tons of throttle response. Could be happier. Plus I'm running 35's for rubber.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by batt75batt75
AFE cold air intake, superchips traildash 2, and 4.88 gears made my jeep come alive. Fuel mileage is around 17 mpg on the highway and tons of throttle response. Could be happier. Plus I'm running 35's for rubber.
I think it was the 4.88's and only 35's that made your Jeep come alive....
Old 06-16-2016, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Boosted
I think it was the 4.88's and only 35's that made your Jeep come alive....
The 4.88 made a ton of difference in power response, the cold air intake just made a response in the sound under the hood. Now the superchips programmer, you can tell a difference in throttle response and highway reactions. Just wish my jeep had the motor that my wife's jeep has, and then I would be completely happy. Lol.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Colossus
Hello everyone so I am looking to get a CAI for the Jeep my 14'Sahara Unlimited 3.6L Pentastar. Im looking for a great intake that will give me great RoAr but also protected from rain...ect. Ive heard Banks, AFE type 2. I just don't know in this situation. I had a KN Aircharger on my 15' camaro and it was awesome but i don't know how i feel about an open box type on this since the hood of the jeep isn't really weather stripped.
Airaid MXP is a nice unit which offers good filter protection. I combo'd mine with a Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust. Great outcome.

Agree with others. Gears are a must if you are going to roll with larger tires.

Quick Reply: Which CAI to go with on 3.6 Pentastar