Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

buying/signing for a Jeep

Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i agree...i wanna keep liability limited!!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to the dealership in Whiteville, NC this past Saturday about a 2 dr flame red X. I took my girlfriend with me, and he asked did I want to put the Jeep in my name or both our names, so I don't think you'll have issue with that. Needless to say, 1% below invoice is not bad at all. My deal did not work out, the dealer wanted to take the $3000 negative equity (difference between what I owe [18,320] and what they were allowing me on trade-in [15,500]) in my 2007 Honda Accord and tack that onto the MSRP of the Jeep. He didn't even mention coming off the sticker. So I'm still driving a Honda.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

I sell cars for a living. If your both on the loan you can title just to you. Im gettin ready to order mine soon. I cant wait!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Do you plan to offroad? If so worrying about the warrenty makes no sence. That piece of paper is not worth the effort if you mod or offroad.
Tell that to all the folks with modded Jeeps that have been off-road and have had warranty repairs after the fact. Myself included.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greg1
I sell cars for a living. If your both on the loan you can title just to you. Im gettin ready to order mine soon. I cant wait!!!!!!!!
This isn't accurate for everywhere...please do not pass along inaccurate information.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
This isn't accurate for everywhere...please do not pass along inaccurate information.
Easy Jack Mack! You are correct on that. I should have stated more clearly CHECK where you live first. Im in upstate NY and you can do what i stated. Regardless, put both of you on the loan and both on title. You can do that anywhere!

Quick Reply: buying/signing for a Jeep