Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buying a new JK

Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new JK

Hello All,
ok so I am new to positing here, but have been stalking you guys for quite some time now.

anyways, on to my question.

I am finally financially available to purchase a new JK unlimited X, i want the hard top, full doors, 4wd (of course! why do they even sell 2wd jeeps?), and it would be nice to have the power convenience group ( power windows, locks..etc) other than that i dont really require more.

My question is what can i expect to pay from the dealer, i saw the thread about the leftover '08 prices people are getting. I want to pay around $18k ( just to get the monthly payment i want)
is this possible?

thanks in advance!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

oh yeah i forgot to mention, that it has to be a MT
Old 11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, that's not feasible. If you price out the vehicle that you want on edmunds, they will show you the invoice price. Invoice for that vehicle is probably around 24-25. Depending on where you live Chrysler is giving a 2k rebate on JKs. I'd say most dealers are going to sell you a JK for around invoice - rebates, so you probably couldn't get one for less than $22,000.

I've been looking to sell my '04 WJ so I can pick up a similar JK, but so far no takers.

good luck though.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

18k is probably not gonna happen.... 21-22 is more likely
Old 11-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

I would wait for Christmas. There will probably be more rebates and that is traditionally the slowest month of the year for car sales. When I got mine in March of 08 they offered 0% financing but I have not seen that offer come up again.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

I agree, December is the worst month for dealers and with the economic condition, it's probably going to be especially hard on the car industry thus great deals to be had... I would wait if I were you.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

thanks guys, i appreciate the input. sounds like ill be getting myself an awesome christmas present!

Quick Reply: Buying a new JK