Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

broken rear shock

Old 10-22-2009, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken rear shock

took my jeep in to get an oil change, 26$ with tire rotation cant beat it, they tell me i have a broken rear shock(explains alot about how its been driving) they tell me its an aftermarket shock so do i wanna replace it? i was like no its a stock rubi shock and shouldnt it be covered under warranty? they tell me no i have too big of a lift and to many mods..... i have 13/4 daystar spacers and 3/4 rear spacers, way too big of a lift....oh well they more or less told me that you can tell i off road my jeep and they cant cover it for that reason...sucks! plan on putting a REAL lift on soon so not that big of a deal, but the rear shock was def a causality of rausch creek, the first time so definitely wheeled with a broken shock the second time, is it bad if i wheel with it a third trip out there?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure why you are listening to the quick lube guys, but what is wrong with the shock? Is it damaged? Or did it just fail? If you've hit it, then no. If it failed, i'd take it in and see if they would replace it. Wont cost you anything. i broke a shock by hitting a rock and kinked it, of course that wont be covered. But I'd be curious as to why they wouldn't cover it with only a 3/4" rear spacer on there..
Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

its broken in half they said, and its at the dealership not jiffy lube, i guess this means they arent going to cover anything, so much for that trail rated badge

Last edited by jeepnick; 10-22-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is it red with no stickers? If so it is a rubi stock shock. Unless they changed it in 2009?
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepnick
its broken in half they said, and its at the dealership not jiffy lube, i guess this means they arent going to cover anything, so much for that trail rated badge
Then I'd guess you hit something. Regardless the was it a "quick lube" at the dealership. Or the real techs doing the work"? Look for signs of impact on it. The guy saying it was an aftermarket (obviously stock rubi shock) makes it sound like he doesnt know enough to know if its covered under warranty or not..

Mine was obviously hit
JK Enthusiast

its red i know its stock, its my jeep
Old 10-22-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Then I'd guess you hit something. Regardless the was it a "quick lube" at the dealership. Or the real techs doing the work"? Look for signs of impact on it. The guy saying it was an aftermarket (obviously stock rubi shock) makes it sound like he doesnt know enough to know if its covered under warranty or not..

Mine was obviously hit
i have to look at it, im at work its at the dealership, but still surprised they thought it was aftermarket. and damn nice bend
Old 10-22-2009, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

they called back and said theyve decided to cover it! yes!

Quick Reply: broken rear shock