Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Brand new Jeep - where to perform maintenance and what is allowed for mods?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baconrocket
I got 2 years "free" oil changes and such at my dealership. I'll take it there.
.....just make sure they actually put the oil in....
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave

.....just make sure they actually put the oil in....
I had my top getting replaced the other day under warranty and they were supposed to change the oil as well.... Needless to say I crawled under my jeep afterwards to find the same mud caked oil filter on there. I was uber pissed. Had to go back for 2 hours and wait for them to change it. If I didn't buy that service contract I would just do it myself.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by baconrocket
I got 2 years "free" oil changes and such at my dealership. I'll take it there.
Enjoy that I guess, I had 12mo free oil changes and on the second one they left the oil cap off and didn't put 6qts in. Some ZZ top lookin dude with a cist on his forehead did my oil change. Looked like they pulled him off the street and gave him a brand new cardboard box to live in by the dealership dumpster.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Enjoy that I guess, I had 12mo free oil changes and on the second one they left the oil cap off and didn't put 6qts in. Some ZZ top lookin dude with a cist on his forehead did my oil change. Looked like they pulled him off the street and gave him a brand new cardboard box to live in by the dealership dumpster.
Hell ya
Old 07-16-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dealer makes me nervous. Mine came with lifetime free oil change/tire rotation every 5K miles. First time I went in for this service I discovered that the moron who performed the service forgot to put one of my lug nuts back on. This I noticed after I was home and Rubi was parked in the driveway.

Quick Reply: Brand new Jeep - where to perform maintenance and what is allowed for mods?