Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Brakes Failed

Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maliki
- the DCX rep stated my JK is impacted (even though my build date is outside the recall info I read) and that I should be getting a letter. Maybe it stalled at the same moment I braked, and it caused the ABS/ESP to get confused ????? (I have had ALL the dashlights 'flash' on while driving on another occation - which I think is a symptom of the recall).

Overall - can't believe the dealer recommendation was to give it back to me, and let them know if it happens again. Next time I might not be able to avoid a wreck (or a cliff !).
Did your Dealer do that flash before sending you home?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:01 PM
gcg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Caboose
... thats why i hate computers, they are more unreliable than anything!

..2nd year model now.. hopefully by the 5th+ all the problems will be fixed
Better not get on an airplane then.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:24 PM
-

planes are +++ years lol, all the bugs figured out
Old 07-28-2007, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I bought my JK, I had a Chrysler Pacifica. Nice car, but like all new vehicles, it had a few bugs. (Yes, second year is still new.) One of its issues was a fuel pump module (a freekin' computer to run the fuel pump!) It stalled on me a few times for some lucky reason mostly in my driveway, but twice on freeway exit ramps and both steering and brakes went out. Did you happen to notice yours stalling? If the engine quits, all kind of other stuff does too.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:26 PM
gcg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Caboose
planes are +++ years lol, all the bugs figured out
cars are older.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

I don't blame the dealer, the service person did all they could - if you can't find anything wrong, hard to make a fix. Just not a comforting feeling knowing there might be something wrong. They put a good number of miles on it trying to repo.

The dealer stated the computer was up to date, but the DCX rep stated I needed the flash for the stall recall - one of their records is off. I'll call Monday to sort out.

I didn't notice the engine stalling (or any dash lights as the DCX rep was asking about) - but I was occupied with figuring out a way to stop , so might have happened and I didn't notice.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Chrysler recall for this

See the news for a recall.

Quick Reply: Brakes Failed