Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Blown Away!

Old 12-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've taken precautions to minimize the possibility of my daughter ejecting something from my Jeep.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgrt/2446724592/
Old 12-14-2008, 12:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time I had my doors off, I lost my favorite Jeep hat. I recovered it in the middle of the road
only to have it blown off my head a second time, and run over at least twice!

Now my hair was kinda long at that time so I really needed the hat to keep some kind of order on my head. Well, long story short,
I ended up cutting my hair. Now I can cinch that sucker down easier if it's too sunny, or go hatless.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

in my YJ, when my youngest was 3... his right shoe "blew" out. Turns out it must have "blown" off his foot into his hand, then "blown" out of his hand onto the road... circled back and picked it up. Threats of never running with just the safari stopped kept future items from "blowing" out.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

I can only imagine what that cat must have looked like jumping up and sailing away from the Jeep.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

I havnt lost anything yet but I had a sweatshirt on the floor in the back of my jeep when I was on the highway with the doors and top off and the wind blew the sweatshirt up and covered my face when I was driving so now I make sure any clothes I have in the backseat I tuck under the seats
Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

I don't go thru the car wash, but I know that the car wash blows rear tire carrier covers off all the time. You can go back to the car wash and usually they will give it to you. A buddy of mine thought he had 2 of them stolen from him. It turned out they were getting blown off by the car wash.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Choppus
I can only imagine what that cat must have looked like jumping up and sailing away from the Jeep.
lol best example I can give is, if you have seen the movie "final destination" and the people being sucked out of the plane.. Bout right for the couple seconds it took to transpire. Was dark so didnt see what it looked like barrel rolling down the highway probably into the other lanes..
Old 12-21-2008, 11:56 PM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
I ran over my cat once.
Pretty sure you can only do that once... Unless you wanted to make sure it was out of its misery or you have a robo cat.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
I lost my favorite Jeep Cap when I had the top off....sucked . Ironic I suppose
Dont feel like the Lone Ranger.......

I had my Jeep for only two months when I was cruising over the Galveston Causeway with the freedom panels off and the windows down.....wind was blowing 25 or 30 from the side.....

Sucked my favorite fishing cap right off of my head....I watched it sail off and down to the water below.....
Old 12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Embalmer
lol best example I can give is, if you have seen the movie "final destination" and the people being sucked out of the plane.. Bout right for the couple seconds it took to transpire. Was dark so didnt see what it looked like barrel rolling down the highway probably into the other lanes..
Too funny!!!

Quick Reply: Blown Away!