Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Blown Away!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Embalmer
lost someones cat doin 70 down the highway. crawled in the back wit no doors or top one night and didnt see it. took off and was still back there. driving down the highway heard a noise turned around saw the cat scared to death on the seat. reached back and the thing hissed and jumped and well..... drove a while shocked that I just saw a cat ejected out of my jeep and contemplating to stop or not... girlfriend sent a txt saying she was home waiting for me with just a smile and that took precidence. Now I check the jeep every time I start it
Dang, where can I get one of those cats so I can get a text like that!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Top down, no doors, I lost my daughters booster seat one day.

It's now strapped down.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thought I lost my iPod. Found in under the carpet under the drivers seat a few weeks later. Now its securely velcro'd down.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to quickly mention on the rear floor mats... I almost lost mine the one day, so I checked to see what I could do to keep them from lifting up when im on the highway. I discovered that there is just enough spacing between the front seat brackets and the floor that I was able to push both sides of the rear floor mat corners under the brackets. Now the floor mats don’t lift up anymore so they are not able to fly out. If you want, I can maybe take a picture of what I am talking about.

My funny story about what blew out might seem minor at first. I had a 32-ounce Mc D cup in the back cup holder that the kids were drinking. No doors, top down, and doing about 60-65. The wind caught the lid of the cup and blew it right out of the Jeep. One of my kids started to say that the lid flew out when I started to feel something wet on the back of my right arm that was resting on the center console. Then I noticed what I thought was rain drops on the windshield. Within 30 seconds or so, I realized that it was not raining, but pop was flying everywhere all over the Jeep. When its 90+ degrees outside, pop on the windshield does not wipe off with a napkin... It smears. You are better off just living the drops of pop as it is. It’s been a month or two since then, and I am still finding pop spots in various spots of the Jeep.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

I lost the desire to ever put my top up again
Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Few years back in a CJ. Was late to class, top off and threw my book bag in back. Flew to class taking turns like a banshee. Got to campus, hoped out, no bag?
Old 09-19-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Lost a hat that was under the back seat - saw it fly out the side on I-96.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I lost a foam fan finger for the local hockey team. My son will be devastated when he figures it out. Fan Fingers are only available during the season.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

I lost my sunglasses. They fell out of the visor cady I have, onto my lap, and hit the runningboard on the way out. I was doing 60 and figured they were toast. Funny thing is we went back to get them and they were fine just a little scuff on the glasses part around the lens. Since then I have adjusted how I keep the sunglasses because the elastic holder is stretched.

On the lost note it seems the kids leave empty drink cups and such in the back holders. Well at 55-60 there is a poltergiest effect that lifts them up sends them forward about radio level where they levitate a bit then zoom right or left and out the front door area. Funny as crap to watch and usually I can catch the big stuff. Of course now that I have had the jeep for a bit and learned about this effect NOTHING stays in the jeep that can blow out without it being secured. I have noticed however with the rear seat up nothing seems to blow out the far back.

BTW I got a medium to small sized cartop carrying bag (canvas stuff holder for the roof of cars while traveling) from the local Dollar General. It clips to the tie down points in back and holds a lot of stuff. The bag is water resistant (so far water proof) and is great to put anything you are worried about blowing out.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump.. there has to be more stories by now

Quick Reply: Blown Away!