Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Black Undercoat fenders

Old 09-16-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Black Undercoat fenders

My black fenders on my JKU are faded from the sun. Just like most others are that have been sittin in the sun. My question is has anyone tried to use the spray undercoating on them or to rhino line them? i have a can of undercoat just layin around but before i did it i wanted to see if anyone has done it and how it worked out. Ive read some threads on putting Back to Black or whatever its called on them but others said that you have to reapply after about 2 or 3 rains? Any info would help thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a stock bumper chop and painted it with undercoating. The first time I did it I didn't prep it correctly (in a hurry) and it started to flake in areas. The second time I took it off and sanded it down really good to get something for the paint to bond to. I like the look over all and I it fades you can jut reshoot it. Prep is the key.

Quick Reply: Black Undercoat fenders