Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

bikini top

Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with all... nice setup... but without the soft top door surrounds... you'll get wet! Does anyone know where to buy aftermarket door surrounds???
Old 07-07-2009, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ssg381
i didnt purchase the extension, will the windjammer still fit w/out it?
Without the extension the windjammer attaches behind the rear seats and hooks up to the duster. It works much better this way than with the extension. The gap is less, though still too much and rear view vision is better.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

will it have a bulge?
If you have the door rails installed, there will be a small bulge.

And, I know many have already bought theirs, but I will say it again: The Mopar versions (yes they cost significantly more than Bestop's) fit quite nicely. That goes for both versions (for hardtop and softtop owners). Yes, if you don't own door rails there will be a gap, but the large, Velcroed panels do a great job of making the fit over the driver's and front seat passenger's roll bars look "finished." Really, forget the money and buy the Mopar version (preferably the softtop version if you own the door rails).
Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for all the help guys.. my top should be arriving soon.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Default another ?

thanks for all the positive info. guys. just have one more question. how could i keep the rain from getting in the back seat where it is not protected? its so dumb on how they designed this crap.. should of done my homework before buying..
Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

thanks for all the positive info. guys. just have one more question. how could i keep the rain from getting in the back seat where it is not protected? its so dumb on how they designed this crap.. should of done my homework before buying..
Some folks have installed the two-door version of the Wraparound Windjammer on their four-doors. There are a couple very informative threads on this subject. Unfortunately, I must run (headed out to Boy Scout summer camp in a few minutes), so I don't have time to help you with that.

Quick Reply: bikini top