Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

BG Material Restriction - Manual Drives

Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading your story. Unfortunately, it was the sales manager who called me!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Default Ouch!

Any chance of finding one that someone has pulled out of?

I can tell you that the dealership did offer me a substantial amount more for mine once it arrived.

Two weeks later, they received another very similar and the price is over 9k more!

I'd think that if you have a contract, you might be able to push the dealership a bit to find one that is sitting on a lot (or already in storage!)

Keep us posted...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Default might not be good news but here is a link posted earlier...

http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1493

Green4x4 posted this in the 22 rubis a day thread.

Might make the other comments even more valid but this is not confirmed.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Default The bad news and the good news!

So, after 3 days of calling DC cust. service, and them calling the dealer, and him ignoring me, I finally spoke to the Sales Mangler (!) there. He finally admitted that HE is cancelling my order, not the factory.
6 weeks ago, we agreed on invoice + $400. He said it "could take 2-3 months", and wrote "subject to availability" on the order.
NOW he uses the "22/day" story to decide that there is NO availability, and my order is taking up a spot on his allocation, even though "it will never get built". That's his way out of the contract. I got the credit card refund slip in the mail today.
I know I can push him, etc to hold up his end, but...
I FOUND THE PERFECT JEEP 165 Miles away!
I'm paying $1000 more, but I'M PICKING IT UP THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

So the moral of the story is if you live in Greater Boston, be careful of Lawless Jeep. I'm sure they're no worse than the average dealer, but they're on my s-list now. I plan to watch my order to see if he takes delivery (won't that be a surprise ), and I'll request a survey from DC to make sure they know he's a weasel.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Default Lawless?

The one in Woburn? We used to live in Wakefield! I know where that one is!

What was the guys name?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Default Stealer's name

David Graham is the marketing genius who took credit for the decision.
When originally placed my order, we chatted about replacing my Durango w/a Commander.
I think I'll wait a few months, call him up, identify myself and tell him I'm ready to buy a Commander or Cherokee. Then I'll say "Just thought I'd let you know" and hang up!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

You definitely want to make certain DC is aware of those tactics and mention him by name. Then nail him on the survey too. I know that the dealerships down here are jacking up the prices to ridiculous heights so definitely don't want to accept orders at acceptable levels.

Did DC suggest that this was a business practice they supported?

Are they comparably packaged? Perhaps you can get a discount on some of the toys while you're there.

Where are you going now?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Freak

Default Maybe the Mass AG, too

I wrapped this all up around 5 PM today, so I haven't updated DC. I'm sure they won't like it, but the net result is the same unit sales for them.
I'm going to Island Jeep on Long Island. I searched every dealer on jeep.com one at a time until I found this one. It's exactly what I had on order except w/out the hitch, but it's cheaper to get one from Quadratec anyway.
Plus, it's only a few miles away from the in-laws, so we can treat it like a family visit, only we drive back in separate cars. I hope I get the long straw.
I'm thinking of the Mopar door guards and the dash-mounted GPS. I haven't done much research on toys, since I thought my Jeep was still weeks or months away!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Default Best wishes this weekend!

The entry guards were a must for us. Our sills were banged up the first day.

They really look like they "should" have been there in the first place but I noticed someone suggested that the door no longer sealed and water leaked in now that he placed the guards.

Have to research that one some more but we got them and love them. We also got the clover patch window roll and the tire cover.

We use our Garmin gps and swap it between the RV and Jeep.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZToad
The entry guards were a must for us. Our sills were banged up the first day.

They really look like they "should" have been there in the first place but I noticed someone suggested that the door no longer sealed and water leaked in now that he placed the guards.

Have to research that one some more but we got them and love them. We also got the clover patch window roll and the tire cover.

We use our Garmin gps and swap it between the RV and Jeep.
Clover patch also on my list. Just did some quick research here, and will wait on the GPS.
It's almost Thursday here on the coast. Gotta go. I'll post the good news Sunday....

Quick Reply: BG Material Restriction - Manual Drives