Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

BEWARE OF Huntington Beach Jeep

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE OF Huntington Beach Jeep

So after running a difficult trail last September, I took my Jeep into HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP for some warranty repairs (24K miles on the Jeep). The needed repair were a bad front bearing, airbag light coming on intermittently, and the transfer case seems to be binding up. For the bearings they rotated my tires (obviously it did not fix the bearing). For the airbag light, they said they fixed it but it came on as soon as I drove off the lot. The transfer case issue they said was not covered under warranty because my Jeep is modified but they could not tell me what was wrong with it only whatever it is it wasn’t covered. I was also having brake issues but they told me the brakes were working as designed. When I received a Customer Satisfaction survey in my email, I was honest about the service.

For the next few months my Jeep was in and out of the shop for upgrades. When I got is out on the trails again I still had issues with my brakes. I took her to my local shop and they installed a new master cylinder. My local shop called HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP to get a new master cylinder under warranty, but they were told that my Jeep would not be covered due to MODS! I paid for the master cylinder and had it installed. Within a day my brakes were going to the floor again. In talking to some local Forum members I was told another dealer in the area is much more friendly. I took my Jeep to them yesterday. They confirmed that I had a bad, new master cylinder but they could not warranty it because “something happened in September and my Jeep was flagged” ... HHhhmmm ... that is when I submitted the negative Customer Service survey on HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP!!!

SO ... I called my local shop today and told them everything that happened and that the new master cylinder they installed a couple weeks ago went bad. They called HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP to let them know that the new master cylinder went bad and they needed to bring it back for a new one. HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP asked them for the VIN. My shop was told by HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP that even though the new master cylinder was bad, they could not replace it because “It was on a flagged Jeep”!!! So now I bought a faulty new part and they won’t even replace that!!! I told my shop that this obviously is going to get VERY ugly, but I need it fixed whether or not it is warrantied.

Since my warranty has been voided by HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP in what appears to be retaliation for my negative survey, what do you think the chances are I get a refund on my extended warranty retro back to September?

Fellow Forum members BEWARE!!! HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP’S mechanics are inept, and you will get your Jeep flagged and warranty voided if you complain!

In the words of wayoflife:

Not that this needs to be reiterated but, I’ll say it once again, if you’re unhappy with the service you received at your dealership, you’re better off just keeping your mouth shut. Again, Chrysler IS NOT your friend here and customer evaluations are NOT kept confidential. Anything you say can and will be used against you by your dealership and that can lead to your Jeep getting flagged. Remember, it is Chrysler’s policy to flag ANY and ALL Jeeps that have been modified regardless of the kit or who installed it. If your Jeep hasn’t been flagged already, don’t give your dealership any reason to give it one. A member of JK-Forum.com suggested that my plight was the result of me stepping on the toes of Tuttle Click and to that, I say he’s probably right. Not that I should care but clearly, when it comes to dealerships, customer satisfaction is not what’s most important but rather, you giving them high praise to Chrysler is. That is, it is if don’t want to lose your warranty anyway.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Oh man. Thats just like WOLs story. Cant believe they do this over honest reviews.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Freak

Crap, i just got a call from the dealer, they were asking if i was going to make my next service appointment. I told them i was no longer going to bring my jeep into them, as they tried to charge me $600 for the front and rear diff fluid change. And i found a new shop to go to.
Hope i dont get flagged.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wired
Crap, i just got a call from the dealer, they were asking if i was going to make my next service appointment. I told them i was no longer going to bring my jeep into them, as they tried to charge me $600 for the front and rear diff fluid change. And i found a new shop to go to.
Hope i dont get flagged.
Holy crap. $600 to do something that anyone can do in 20 minutes at $30 for Mobil1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's offensive
Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is where I bought my jeep. I have not taken it back there since, and now I will make sure I don't.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear of your troubles with Huntington Beach Jeep. Purchased mine there and a car previously, but have not used them for service. I will send an anonymous complaint using someone else's email tomorrow stating I will never buy another vehicle from them!

Hope things get better.

Wait a minute... You proved to Ray, Jose, Taher, and I the other night you don't need brakes if you have an EVO Lever and Double Throw Downs front and rear!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MtnBiker4158
Wait a minute... You proved to Ray, Jose, Taher, and I the other night you don't need brakes if you have an EVO Lever and Double Throw Downs front and rear!
Now THAT was fun!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

what is Jeep's policy about warrantee of a vehicle that you take off road? If I off-road my jeep and then a part does fail, will it be covered?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Well the first question from Huntington Beach Jeep to my shop was “does it look like they take it off road”? ... if that’s any indication. Not really sure what that has to do with the master cylinder.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McPuck86
Well the first question from Huntington Beach Jeep to my shop was “does it look like they take it off road”? ... if that’s any indication. Not really sure what that has to do with the master cylinder.
I never get how ANY 4x4 warranty can be voided for off-road use, especially if its impossible for the failure to be related to 4x4 use.

Sounds like this dealership sees any opportunity to not warranty work so they can pocket all the profit.

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF Huntington Beach Jeep