Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Besttop soft top

Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
That might work also, I'd just be careful not to apply too much heat. Also, I didn't know if you had a heat gun, not everyone does!
Haha yea I got one. Do I think I'm gonna try that and see what it does and if not call best top
Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had wrinkles in the upper corners of my Bestop soft top since I owned it!

The Safari top from them fits like $hit

The Trek Top I had fell apart after a couple of years.

No more Bestop for me.....

I put the factory original soft top back on, it fits great and is wrinkle free (and it's quiet). Someone said Bestop makes those for Mopar. Can't be the same factory.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by texwillys

I put the factory original soft top back on, it fits great and is wrinkle free (and it's quiet). Someone said Bestop makes those for Mopar. Can't be the same factory.
I had a problem with the trektop an returned it an bought the replace a top and it is louder then my stock top .. I was thinking about buying the trektop nx ... Any complaints or reviews ??
Old 08-17-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Willis19
I had a problem with the trektop an returned it an bought the replace a top and it is louder then my stock top .. I was thinking about buying the trektop nx ... Any complaints or reviews ??
Yes, plenty of folks on here really like the Trek Top NX. I want one for the many different ways you can run it, not because I think it will be better or quieter than my factory soft top.

But, from my experience with other tops my factory top is much better. I must have got lucky or something
Old 08-17-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texwillys

I'm about done with BestTop too. I ordered a Safari Top for my 2012 JK, the first one arrived without the straps, so I returned it. The second one had all the parts, but when I tried to install it, it didn't fit! First off, the design is horrible, and the straps that secure it to the roll bar didn't fit with the door surrounds. It's going back also. I had a couple BestTop tops for my 04 TJ and they fit great, you'd have a hard time convincing me anyone from BesTop ever actually installed one of their tops on a 2012 JK!

Can any one recommend a better fitting Safari Top for the 2012 two Door JK?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer

I'm about done with BestTop too. I ordered a Safari Top for my 2012 JK, the first one arrived without the straps, so I returned it. The second one had all the parts, but when I tried to install it, it didn't fit! First off, the design is horrible, and the straps that secure it to the roll bar didn't fit with the door surrounds. It's going back also. I had a couple BestTop tops for my 04 TJ and they fit great, you'd have a hard time convincing me anyone from BesTop ever actually installed one of their tops on a 2012 JK!

Can any one recommend a better fitting Safari Top for the 2012 two Door JK?
Spider web shade I have one and it's great!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Isn't the spider web shade a mesh top? I'm looking for a solid top, something that will afford some protection should I get caught in an unexpected shower. I like the safari style because it provigeds some protection for the back seat as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

I just picked up a soft top for my jeep. It fits a 08 and I have a 12 unlimited. It has a small tear where it flips back. It is about one inch long. I was wondering has anyone had a small tear there and did it leak. Also if I change it out I was wondering if anyone has used a quadratop replacement. I like the price. I only need it as a alternative.

Quick Reply: Besttop soft top