Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Trektop-How Hard To Take Off?

Old 02-02-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Trektop-How Hard To Take Off?

Hi There:
I was thinking about getting the Bestop Trektop this spring,
A search on them had brought up a TON of info.
But the part I was interested in the most didn't seam to get much coverage,
How hard is it to take off?
I had a '91 Soft top with half doors, would it be as easy as that?
Can you roll it up and store it behind the seat? (I have a 2 door)

Today's Ground Hog Day,
The Rat saw his shadow signaling 6 more weeks of winter.
Screw him, I'm thinking warm thoughts, top down Jeeping this spring and thought the Trektop would be a good option.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
:-)
Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeep On

Today's Ground Hog Day,
The Rat saw his shadow signaling 6 more weeks of winter.
Screw him, I'm thinking warm thoughts, top down Jeeping this spring and thought the Trektop would be a good option.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
:-)
Can't help you with the top, but that was funny!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have been thinking about a TrekTop too and it seems that once its on the only thing you can do without removing the whole thing is roll the front back and remove the rear window.....i love going completely topless too much to lose that as being a pracitcal option.....

hopefully someone will chime in here....
Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

How far back does it fold? I need a summer top for my hardtop and do not really want to pay for a regular soft top, be it OEM or Best Top or anyone else. As long as I can roll back and take out the windows I will be good....too many pop sup thunderstorms here in the summer any way!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

The BesTop TrekTop (below) is about $500/600, and rear windows don't come out.

Depending on which way you're leaning you keep your eyes on craigslist you'll almost always come across someone selling a new/used soft top for that money or slightly more. My wife picked up a "used" soft top as a new take out from someone for $600 last year. Everything was still sealed up new in the boxes and had never been installed.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in this as well. I did give some thought to the bestop bikini combo, but I park outside and need an airtight solution. Trektop rolling down completely would make my day!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I havea trek top on my 2dr and love it, i have only used the roll back a few times only because it only takes about two minutes to take off the whole top. i roll it up and it fits behind the front seats, i usually dont have the rear seat in any way so it really doesn't take up any space for me. I would highly recomend the trek top, had an issue with the velcro and bestop sent me a complete repalacement, my top goes up and down daily from april til october.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Easy to take off....harder to put back on. The top rolls as far back as just behind the rear doors on the Unlimited (not sure about the 2 door). You can remove the rear window, but the back will come loose and flap in the wind, so it's best either with just the top rolled back or the top removed completely.

What makes it harder to put back on is that, even if you just roll the top back, to get the header over the windshield reattached, you literally have to loosen and unhook everything, and reattach it again. Sort of a PITA. We love our Trek Top, but hate it just the same

Last edited by Blonda; 02-03-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

I was thinking about grabbing the top for an Unlimited. When I asked the dealer I was going to pick it up from about daily use. He said that it wasnt designed to be put down and back up everyday. I am looking at doing that though, I dont feel great leaving the Jeep topless over night. What do you guys think? Are you going putting it up and down everyday and having any problems with it?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Arrow

Originally Posted by Mariner
I havea trek top on my 2dr and love it, i have only used the roll back a few times only because it only takes about two minutes to take off the whole top. i roll it up and it fits behind the front seats, i usually dont have the rear seat in any way so it really doesn't take up any space for me. I would highly recomend the trek top, had an issue with the velcro and bestop sent me a complete repalacement, my top goes up and down daily from april til october.
Quick question, in the picure on quadratec the 2dr version of the trek top doesnt look like the side windows come off? Is that true? And is their any truth to the rumor that its not all unzipped/attached from the outside. Cause im not trying to switch to a more difficult soft top that requires climbing around inside the jeep to take it off.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop-How Hard To Take Off?