Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Trektop for 07-10

Old 02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it is about time for me to order mine now.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Hi sm_rubi,
I ordered a trektop today from Quadratec and they also told me to order this 11033 410 07 BESTOP TAILGATE BAR 07-09 JK . It is another $50. They say it will hold the back window down. Do you have that or it works properly with everything came with the Trektop?

Originally Posted by sm_rubi

I can tell you that we live in San Diego, CA and even here if you do not install it when it's hot out it's painfully difficult. And for good reason...the material simply contracts in the colder weather when you need it to expand to fit properly. Good job with the install! Haven't seen one on a 2dr before so thanks for sharing!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KhmerWrangler
Hi sm_rubi,
I ordered a trektop today from Quadratec and they also told me to order this 11033 410 07 BESTOP TAILGATE BAR 07-09 JK . It is another $50. They say it will hold the back window down. Do you have that or it works properly with everything came with the Trektop?
I don't know about sm_rubi, but the Trektop I just ordered 2 weeks ago came with a tailgate bar IN the Trektop box. I haven't been able to install it yet (it's only 20 here) so I can't say exactly how it fits, but instructions say it basically just clips in. Check out page 5 of the installation notes you can download from Quad. Then ask them to explain why you also need to order the tailgate bar at $50.

Pretty sure this is okay since Quad is a sponsor, so here is the link to install notes http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/103582.pdf
If it's not okay, I'll apologize to the Mods in advance.

Last edited by cwhitfield; 02-23-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added link to install notes
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought mine from Quadratec and the tailgate bar comes with the top.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks will see when they get here. The worth is I have to return that and get my $50 back. Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it and install it.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KhmerWrangler
Hi sm_rubi,
If it's the latest model , which it should be as they've been out since about July last year, it will come with a tail gate bar.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Ignorant question: it looks like the Trektop can be removed when you hit the trail head and stored inside the Jeep while you're wheeling. Is this correct? I have to drive a ways for some of the wheeling I do. I'd like to keep the top on for the drive, then take it completely off while off-road. Is this thing able to be easily stored inside the Jeep?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

I just got mine but have not installed it yet as it is still under 70 degree here in the North CA and I am in hurry to have it on yet. But after looking thru the instructions I think yes you can take them off completely and that is what exactly I need. The only hardware you have is the door surround. I am going to switch between hard top for winter and Trek top for the summer.

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Ignorant question: it looks like the Trektop can be removed when you hit the trail head and stored inside the Jeep while you're wheeling. Is this correct? I have to drive a ways for some of the wheeling I do. I'd like to keep the top on for the drive, then take it completely off while off-road. Is this thing able to be easily stored inside the Jeep?
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
Yes you can take it off completely. Need to be careful about the way you fold it as the windows can scratch pretty easily -- may want to wrap it in a blanket. If you take off the header bar and the bar at the back window it will fold up to a pretty decent size....or you can roll it up with the bars still in place (with a blanket to prevent scratching) but it does take more room to store this way.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I roll mine up and stuff it behind the front seats, never thought about scratching the windows, I just stuff it in and it still looks good.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop for 07-10