Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Trektop for 07-10

Old 01-21-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have to affix velcro to the tailgate to secure the rear window? Or did they update the design?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They updated the design with a rear tailgate bar, it has a channel that the window slides into and it clamps above the tail lights. It seems pretty legit.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DANGERMO
They updated the design with a rear tailgate bar, it has a channel that the window slides into and it clamps above the tail lights. It seems pretty legit.
How's the header noise with this top now? I hate how loud my stock soft top has gotten over the years, and I am looking for a new top since I have broke both tensioning straps on the stock one. It's still holding up sufficiently but I really need a new top. And I love the looks of this top, I've been between this and the Off Road Heroes top for a while. I like the versatility of the ORH top, but this top seems to have evolved more over time and Bestop is certianly more reliable.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DANGERMO
Thanks. That sounds much better, that was my main reason for avoiding it this long. It's back on the list now!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

mine has the velcro on the tail gate and have had no problem with it at all. love the top, this is what jeep should come with from the factory instead of that overpriced pos that they supply. enjoy the trek top my friend, it will get easier with time to put it on and off.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered mine this past weekend - should be here by the end of the week. Then just have to make it through the torture of not being able to put it on until it warms up.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Junkie

I am still researching this top myself! Nobody has a factory soft top for me!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been watching posts on JK-Forum for several months now. Sounds like Bestop finally has things figured out in the latest version. I definitely didn't want to deal with velcro on the tailgate, so I'm really glad they have a bar now.

Still not sure I'll be able to resist firing up some heaters in the garage so I can put it on early!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thinking about ordering one too when the wheather gets warm up a little bit. For those who have the Trek softtop on, how does it hold up when driving on a free way? Is the noice bearable? I have a hard top but want to have Trekl softtop on for the Summer.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Trek Top

I just put mine on 3 days ago. The noise is pretty bearable. Better than I expected, the bar across the front really holds it down. The instructions make all the sense in the world (If you are the one that made them). They could have done better with the diagrams. The weather here in SW Louisiana has been below average and the the top is not fitting perfect. Hopefully after it warms up in another week it will be better. It looks great, really changes the look of the Jeep for the better, Had the factory hard top. The rear window seems almost impossible to zip in place, once again I hope the warmer weather changes this.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trektop for 07-10