Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Half Doors info

Old 02-22-2008, 11:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Half Doors info

Okay, I've tried to find the thread and I can't. It's also 3am and I'm tired. Anyways, someone may have already done this but I sent an email to Bestop inquiring about the half doors. They're saying 3-6months. Just in time for the end of summer it sounds like. Here is what they sent me:

We are currently working on the Element door, the enclosure, and the
soft upper doors as well as the 2 piece soft doors for the JK. These parts
are scheduled to be released within 3-6 months, however, this is just an
estimate from engineering. You can view these products (at least for the
older jeeps to get an idea) under "doors and windows" on our home page

Okay, so how hard could it be for a company that already has made this stuff.. to fix it to fit a different model of Jeep? Seriously.

Perhaps if everyone started emailing them asking about them they may step it up some.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Don’t understand it either. Half doors at a reasonable price would seem to be a hot selling item. I don't want tube doors; too much dirt and mud gets into the cab!! Soft half or full doors would be great! For what I need, they would work just as well as hard half doors and be much easier to store, both inside the jeep and in my garage.

My bet is that they will cost at least double the cost of TJ doors.

And 6 months from now, means they start shipping in the Fall. Gee great timing there!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Evan JK
Okay, so how hard could it be for a company that already has made this stuff.. to fix it to fit a different model of Jeep? Seriously.

Perhaps if everyone started emailing them asking about them they may step it up some.

i think you answered your own question, its a different jeep, nothing is the same, So they would have to start from scratch. I'm willing to wait for a good product instead of them rushing to get it done.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
i think you answered your own question, its a different jeep, nothing is the same, So they would have to start from scratch. I'm willing to wait for a good product instead of them rushing to get it done.
It's a different Jeep.. but only to a point. They don't have to sit down and brainstorm on how to create the door. They already know how to do that. They just need to tweak to fit the JK.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

I agree with Evan. Its not a new invention. I've been in this Jeep for over a year. Many others have had it longer. Whats the hold up? I talked to Bestop last year and was told to expect 3-piece soft doors by Sept 07. I just checked their website and its no longer even listed as "coming soon."

I guess its because no one is buying the JK.

Wait... reverese that... everyone is buying the JK. Come on, vendors. Lets get products released.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cdubs07jk
I agree with Evan. Its not a new invention. I've been in this Jeep for over a year. Many others have had it longer. Whats the hold up? I talked to Bestop last year and was told to expect 3-piece soft doors by Sept 07. I just checked their website and its no longer even listed as "coming soon."

I guess its because no one is buying the JK.

Wait... reverese that... everyone is buying the JK. Come on, vendors. Lets get products released.

I believe that Bestop is the one that makes the JK OME soft top, maybe they are too busy to make more money?!
Old 03-15-2008, 11:29 PM
JK Newbie

It's basically because JK's are still new and not many people are buying parts like that for it (just yet). So everyone is taking their time releasing/producing new products.

In a couple of months Smittybilt will be coming out with their version of tube doors at fraction of the cost.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

I just went around with them in email about this as well. I have had these on back order since October, and I could not figure out why they would be taking orders already for a product that won't be out until a year later. I was told that they did have a door out that they were selling but there engineering department was not happy with them so they pulled them back and started all over again. This is what is causing the delay.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

The way I look at it someone is gonna beat them to it! They keep delaying it another 3 months everytime someone trys to find out an answer from them..... All I want is the skins for the element doors it's frickin sheet metal for crying out loud
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Well I just got the following email about my order for door enclosures. It's not like I have the element doors yet either but I don't want to get in line again. Sucks.

"Due to extended backorder or unavailability of stock, your order for
360904 (Element Doors Enclosure Kit Front) has been cancelled as required by the
Federal Trade Commission. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, we will be happy to place a new
order for you. Please call our Customer Service Department or visit
jcwhitney

Your business is very important to us, and we appreciate your patronage.

Thank you."

Quick Reply: Bestop Half Doors info