Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: What's the most capable, strongest, toughest....in short overall best Jeep ever made?
CJ
8.74%
YJ
6.80%
TJ
14.56%
JK
69.90%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Best Jeep Ever?

Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Quality.Is it lacking ?

I have been into jeeps since "99 and have owned a 1993 jeep cherokee with the 4.0 and auto. It has never needed major work just little things.eg.rad , brakes , u joints , alt , water pump. It was great , reliable , and had a good engine. The new jk 's look nice to me but all the quality issues have made me take a step back especially all the write ups from this website. This sheet metal , rusting hinges , plastic that scratches by just looking at it , Mini-Van engine ( disgrace ) , leaking , and issues , issues , issues. I find it hard to overlook this while shelling out thirty grand for something that has problems from day one.Sure not everyone is dealing with all those issues but from what I read and have been doing research on , this vehicle has some MAJOR Quality issues that Jeep seems to not care about . I think I will put my money into a 2004 jeep grand cherokee Overland for it has some issues but the quality is better . Today Jeep and other car companies are cutting major corners and cutting quality and dependability. They are making a bad name for themselves so that is why I think I will boycott the jk. How do you feel about the quality these days ? Jeeper in Canada
Old 11-04-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was easy, of course it's the JK, bit unfair to the older models though...

Quick Reply: Best Jeep Ever?