Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best/ easiest to apply tire gloss

Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use tire shine when I was the JK. What wrong with having a clean Jeep once in a while? I've taken mine out for some nice dinners and such and don't want mud all over my clothes when I do.

As for tire shine, the best one for me is Armor All Extreme Tire Shine. It gives it a nice glossy, wet look and doesn't fade after a fay or two. I use it both on my JK and my Silverado. The Chevy is parked outside and in my personal experience with the brutal sun here, it does make your tires last a little longer by blocking the UV rays.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
I use tire shine when I was the JK. What wrong with having a clean Jeep once in a while? I've taken mine out for some nice dinners and such and don't want mud all over my clothes when I do.

As for tire shine, the best one for me is Armor All Extreme Tire Shine. It gives it a nice glossy, wet look and doesn't fade after a fay or two. I use it both on my JK and my Silverado. The Chevy is parked outside and in my personal experience with the brutal sun here, it does make your tires last a little longer by blocking the UV rays.
Yeah greasy tire shine on your nice clothes is much better than mud. Tire shine for me is used twice a year (when I store my mudders for the winter and when I put them on in the spring) thats it for me. I cant stand having shiny "glossed" tires on my rig, def not for me. Its not worth the heckling from my Jeep club. Lol
Old 06-15-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Yeah greasy tire shine on your nice clothes is much better than mud. Tire shine for me is used twice a year (when I store my mudders for the winter and when I put them on in the spring) thats it for me. I cant stand having shiny "glossed" tires on my rig, def not for me. Its not worth the heckling from my Jeep club. Lol
I guess don't hug your tires then?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Stoner's Tire Shine

Ok, here is a crappy picture from my phone on my lunch break. This has been on for about 1 week now...

Old 06-15-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

No kidding! I got a visual of a guy dry humping his tires upon entrance and exit to the vehicle.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Hey you directed your dig at the wrong guy. Lol. I was digging the guy who stated he shined his wheels when he takes his Jeep to dinner. Keep your digs in the right area. Haaaa
Old 06-15-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Hey you directed your dig at the wrong guy. Lol. I was digging the guy who stated he shined his wheels when he takes his Jeep to dinner. Keep your digs in the right area. Haaaa
Yes, and the guy who states that he does so was me.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't let them fool you. Everyone eased their jeep, how else would u rate a day in the mud if u already started muddy?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithsfd7
Don't let them fool you. Everyone eased their jeep, how else would u rate a day in the mud if u already started muddy?
Damn I phone
Eased = washes
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have pretty good success with Wesley's Bleche White to clean, then while still wet, hit the tires with black Magic Tire Wet and follow a few minutes later with the hose again. It seems to really spread the stuff around evenly. It leaves the tires looking like the day you mounted them without the excessive gloss, the extra slinging all over the fenders when you drive and doesn't rub off all over you when you touch it.

Quick Reply: Best/ easiest to apply tire gloss