Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best Coating for Bumpers

Old 04-19-2008, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back on subect....I just did a quick test of the Spray Can Bedliner stuff.
Used it to fix up the rear bumper of the TJ before sale and did a test spray on a strip of aluminum with several built up coats.
Looks promising,
Results posted soon.

chuck
Old 04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenjj
That may be! However, who's currency is used the WORLD over as measurement and stability!!! The British Pound is worth double the US Dollar, but it still is not the rule of measure either. If the US Dollar continues to slide...believe me your aaaaaa ummm "Dollar" will slide too!

You know, I get sick of every other country being jealous of the US! Quote:

eisenjj please, slowly remove your head from your ass and look around......

LMAO well I wont turn this into an economics lesson....You win, you are the greatest X2
hijack over
Old 04-19-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guy's I did go with the Line-X for my ARB bumpers. The finished bumpers look great (that my opion anyway) and i was happy with the price too.

Line-X was $125 per bumper plus $25 per bumper for the xtra UV coating...

If anyone is interested I posted some finished photo's in the "Show & Tell area.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/arbs-power-plant-installed-37000/

Last edited by boots; 04-19-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boots
Well guy's I did go with the Line-X for my ARB bumpers. The finished bumpers look great (that my opion anyway) and i was happy with the price too.

If anyone is interested I posted some finished photo's in the "Show & Tell area.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37000
Based on my tests with Spray Can Dupli-color bed liner...I think I'll have my ARB done professionally.

chuck
Old 04-19-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chucktuna
Based on my tests with Spray Can Dupli-color bed liner...I think I'll have my ARB done professionally.

chuck
Happy to hear that, I really had my doughts about a spray on can liner for a bumper. Save it for the inside of your hard top.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boots

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37000
Hey Boots it was nice to meet you today, and your jeep looks Great, those ARB's with the Line-X look AWSOME!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peterskr
I had my ARB front bumper coated in LineX and I like it very well. Cost $135, well worth it for me. My first experience , but this stuff is reay tough.
I know it's been a long time since you posted this but that seems really cheap. What dealer did you use? How is that holding up? I'm looking for a dealer closer to Chicago and hoping to get a similar price. I had a bedliner done once and the price was right but they did a lousy job on the installation because they gave it to the new guy to practice.

Quick Reply: Best Coating for Bumpers