Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Before You buy you must read JK Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viking
I am Tired of reading all these guy,s buying a Jk only to complain about the MPG when they mod this and mod that. Then to sell there Jeeps 2 months later complaining about the MPG. I knew from years of friends about jeeps. I knew where the MPG was going to be after mods. I know it is a flying brick. I did not buy it for MPG. I bought it for style, open air driving, cruising the streets and off road fun. A little research by some would not be buying a jeep . A Jeep is not for everyone. But man are they fun.

What kind of road noise do you get with those tires.

I just hope those complainers don't ruin Jeep for the fans.... as time has gone on cars are becoming all the same with a few that stand out of the crowd. Not everyone likes luxury and overly complicated technology... the simpler it is the less likely something will go wrong. I prefer a connected feeling to my driving and will sacrifice comfort, quietness, etc for performance or vehicle ability.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

I see priuses, etc drive aggressively all the time and it makes me smirk... Everytime I hear people talk about MPG I think of the Top Gear UK show where they did a fuel consumption comparison for an M3 versus a Prius... link to video
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it was funny to see Jeremy on Top gear use and abuse the prius and then say it gets less MPG than a BMW M3 under track conditions
Old 01-23-2013, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I certainly did not buy it for it's mileage, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste fuel by driving it like I stole it, which I see so many do. I do what I can to get the best MPG's I can on my daily driving because I know it sucks when I hit the trails. If you all want to throw money away, go ahead, but I'll try to save money by driving as fuel efficiently as I can in my Jeep. On average I get 20-21 for my daily driving, don't bother to track it on the trails.
I don't anyone is talking about that, at least I wasn't, I think we are talking about the "how can I get better gas mileage" threads or what mods will up my MPG. I don't think anyone would argue the fact that if you drive like an idiot that you will see worse MPG and therefore have no reason to whine.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very true if I pussy-foot my Jeep and drive it like a 80 year old woman. I think I could probably get 25 MPG. I guess on hills I can hold the clutch in and coast down them and other stupid gas saving crap to save a few bucks a tank. I drive a Jeep because I like the way it rides. If you cant enjoy it whats the point of owning it?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BigSteve
I don't anyone is talking about that, at least I wasn't, I think we are talking about the "how can I get better gas mileage" threads or what mods will up my MPG. I don't think anyone would argue the fact that if you drive like an idiot that you will see worse MPG and therefore have no reason to whine.
x2, no one mentioned about driving it like you stole it. I for one purchased the Jeep knowing that if I kept it stock it would get close to 16-17 mpg city & 19-21 highway. But if I modded it, it would be 2-3mpg less. I am okay with that knowing I will have fun with the jeep...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

I went from a 12 year old tacoma getting 22 mpg to a cool as shit jk getting 21. I am doing just fine with double the horsepower. and I got 4wd this time too (tacoma was a base model 2wd)
Just gotta put it all in perspective.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

People need to realize any kind of vehicle that is fun to drive doesn't get great MPGs, sports cars, trucks, luxury cars all get bad MPGs if all you care about it MPGs and not the experience behind the wheel get a Honda civic
Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I drive a Jeep because it gets me places another car can't go . I wheel it with great abandon . Where is a Prius going to get you , to work and back ? Life is worth living , and work is just a means to live your life . As far as I'm concerned life is alot more than going to work and back. I actually Quit my job and sold my house to get closer to the Rubicon . I also bought another jeep with 550 h/p that gets much worse milage than my JK. Why ? , because it is my life , wheeling , getting away from it all , fishing away from crowds , and enjoying the great outdoors . Oh by the way , I luckily get a company vehicle to drive back and forth to work because I use it to do my job , and spend no money for gas to go back and forth . But if I didn't , I would simply drive one of my Jeeps ! People that buy a Jeep and sell it two months later , were never really wheelers to begin with.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viking
I am Tired of reading all these guy,s buying a Jk only to complain about the MPG when they mod this and mod that. Then to sell there Jeeps 2 months later complaining about the MPG. I knew from years of friends about jeeps. I knew where the MPG was going to be after mods. I know it is a flying brick. I did not buy it for MPG. I bought it for style, open air driving, cruising the streets and off road fun. A little research by some would not be buying a jeep . A Jeep is not for everyone. But man are they fun.
What's your lift tire combo man that thing is sweet as hell!!!

Quick Reply: Before You buy you must read JK Forum