Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Before You buy you must read JK Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pockets are empty, I get crappy gas mileage and its a little noisy......it still beats the hell out of driving a Prius! I drive a neon green 4 door brick and do so with the biggest damn smile everyday.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys can go a mile without using a gallon? Wow!!!

As long as I'm above 10 I'm happy I mean the tank is only 18 gal or so. So even if gas was $5 a gallon it would still be under $100 to fill up.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
My pockets are empty, I get crappy gas mileage and its a little noisy......it still beats the hell out of driving a Prius! I drive a neon green 4 door brick and do so with the biggest damn smile everyday.
I doubt this Prius gets more than 10mpg LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1936464662.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	413032  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I though it gave you a reason for another mod....extra gas cans!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
I doubt this Prius gets more than 10mpg LOL
Even with big tires they still look stupid. Just goes to show a gold plated turd is still a turd!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

I do agree that people should check them out before buying and realizing "Holy crap, the heavy, unaerodynamic brick" does not get good gas mileage. But I also like the fact that they just go trade it in at a loss. That means there will always be some decent deals on slightly used JK's!

I found my 08 UNL Rubi on a Mercedes lot in 09. The thing was like new with low miles and no scars on the bottom. The PO probably walked out with a ML or something. Saves those of us who can't shell out $45K on a new one!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by viking
I am Tired of reading all these guy,s buying a Jk only to complain about the MPG when they mod this and mod that. Then to sell there Jeeps 2 months later complaining about the MPG. I knew from years of friends about jeeps. I knew where the MPG was going to be after mods. I know it is a flying brick. I did not buy it for MPG. I bought it for style, open air driving, cruising the streets and off road fun. A little research by some would not be buying a jeep . A Jeep is not for everyone. But man are they fun.
Originally Posted by Stalin
Well said and nice rig.
Exactly there will always be a compromise and I choose to have a Jeep for the fun/lifestyle factor vs worrying about fuel economy/mileage

Last edited by aldaman; 01-23-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are looking for MPG's don't get a Jeep get a Prius...we love our JKU and don't expect great gas mileage because well it's a Jeep!

Here's what we did in one trip last year on the JK Experience!
6,569 miles
553 gallons of gas
46 different stops for gas along the way

Stole this from someone on the Rubicon...beep beep it's a F*ckin' Jeep! And we love it!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cis911
Haha that's wart I hear when I'm at work. "I have to buy a different car because my mpg is horrible" "I can't drive it a lot because my 35 will wear out and they are expensive" WTh
I don't cry about my mpg... I'm the guy who went out and bought a commuter car! I love my crappy mpg :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

I certainly did not buy it for it's mileage, but I'll be damned if I'm going to waste fuel by driving it like I stole it, which I see so many do. I do what I can to get the best MPG's I can on my daily driving because I know it sucks when I hit the trails. If you all want to throw money away, go ahead, but I'll try to save money by driving as fuel efficiently as I can in my Jeep. On average I get 20-21 for my daily driving, don't bother to track it on the trails.

Even with lots of mods and added weight, getting around 10mpg is really low. I have hundreds of extra pounds and even when pulling my trailer up steep inclines I've never had worse than 12 mpg. But if driving it fast off the line is what matters and paying twice as much for gas is ok, then fine, but seems like a waste to me. I could flip it around and ask if you like to drive it like that on the roads, why didn't you buy a sports car?

Quick Reply: Before You buy you must read JK Forum