Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bedliner paintjob

Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliner paintjob

I am about to turn my natural green pearl 2 door black. Recently got some bad scratches and the cost of fixing them is about equal to bedlining my whole exterior and interior. So i am pretty much convinced to do this. Anyone else done this? Pics, opinions welcome.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been thinking the same thing! Subscribed
Old 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

You can always get them to bedline it in the same color as your jeep is now. Thats what im doing soon with my rocker panels. But black is always nice too. Haha
Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Many people bed line both inside and out. I will be line x ing both on mine shortly.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Not a JK but this one was bed lined inside and out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	382241
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive seen a few pics on the forum of some jks that have done it...

side note damn that picture is crazy!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sprayed my tub with Raptor Liner and really like it. I even made a thread about it.
LINK-> https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...hreads-238739/
It's a do it yourself kit. With all the supplies and sprayed it was under $200. I would think 2 kits, maybe 3, would cover everything. They are about $125 a pop. I love the way it came out and how well it cleans up. I would suggest it over other bedlineing DIY options because
  • It's UV safe and will not fade
  • You can wash it off with a towel
  • It's hard and smooth VS rubbery or overly abrasive
  • Plenty of people have had theirs done for over a year and it has held up good

Some Pictures from the thread above.

If you have it sprayed professionally I would go with Line-X. You have to get something called Xtra to get it to be UV safe. It's a nice liner but they are pretty expensive for my poor ass. I have heard that Rhino liner is sort of rubbery. I would think that would collect dirt. There is also speedliner. I don't know too much about them other than they are a bit cheaper than Line-X.

I think you best off going with black as far a color because it of the looks first off. Second it will be much easier to match if you have to replace a panel or do any kind of touch up.

Last edited by Rooster76; 10-25-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 AM
JK Junkie

I didn't bedline my Jeep exterior, but I did do my offroad trailer. It has held up very well and looks ok. The color did not come out as tan as it looked when I ordered it, a bit too yellow for me. I'm going to be doing the interior of the Jeep with with a tintable bedliner, so the color matches and will redo the trailer to color match the jeep at that time.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
JK Junkie

@Rooster76 - That's the same kit I'm going with when I do my interior and redo the trailer. Your write up was the one that convinced me
Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome i will be using raptor liner but im doing it myself as i am a bodyman but dont feel like ordering tinter and having to mess around with color hoping it turns out right. I figure everything else on my jeep is black so it will look badass anyhow! Still hoping to see a 2door pic though......

Quick Reply: Bedliner paintjob