Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Barricade roof rack????

Old 10-02-2016, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Barricade roof rack????

Anybody running one of these? I just happened to see the 2 door version listed for $180 on the XT website and snatched one up. What is the general consensus here? I figured I couldn't go wrong for that price. Trailer hitch cargo baskets run for $200. If you have amy experience with these let me know.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow $200 for a hitch basket. I just picked up one fromore harbor freight for $45 the other day to load camping gear on it is rated for 500 lbs and it handled every bit of that lol.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Joeysjeep
Wow $200 for a hitch basket. I just picked up one fromore harbor freight for $45 the other day to load camping gear on it is rated for 500 lbs and it handled every bit of that lol.
Ok. Any of them with good reviews go up to $200. I wanted a good one. Close to 60" wide
Old 10-02-2016, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh OK gotcha the one I got was 50 inches wide. I am going to add some plywood and foam and cover it with some vinyl so I can flip it upside down and use it at a seat while I camp lol.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got one of the cheap steel trailer hitch baskets. It's good for road trips with another person in my JK, but you couldn't really take it on a trail. It blocks the rear gate from opening (spare tire hits it) and never mind the lost departure angle. Camping works too if you have a place to disconnected and keep it in camp. Under $200 for a roof rack is a steal and I would jump on that any day.

Quick Reply: Barricade roof rack????