Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bad dealer experience....what to do next

Old 06-10-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my dealership and had a top notch experience. I feel lucky because I know that is not the case everywhere.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by outlikealight
I love my dealership and had a top notch experience. I feel lucky because I know that is not the case everywhere.
On the positive side I got a great price, they were very curtious, not very bothersome ie they did the "Business Manager special sale for you today and today alone" deal aka undercoating, fabric protection...but I told them upfront I didn't want the 50 year bumper to bumper warranty et al so they cut to the chase and did the transaction. It took over 3 hours, but most of it was sitting around doing nothing.

On the negative side they were NOT very efficient: ie I set up an appointment with a day and a time I would be there yet they didn't wash/prep the Jeep beforehand, they obviosly hadn't checked the parts in the "trunk", they hadn't pulled the MOPAR accessories I was buying (to inlcude the $500 MOPAR bucks) , and to top it all off I bought on 28 May 2011 but the State inspection was done in November of 2010 (which I'm told is actually illegal in the state of Virginia).

I spent three hours waiting for 1 hour's worth of paperwork and in the end they didn't have all the Mopar accessories (but they shipped them to me) the Jeep was still dirty, and I'm missing $400 worth of parts.

In the end I may drive there tomorrow to pick them up.....
Old 06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Box arrived this evening. 6 screw knobs and 4 actual plastic pieces. Think my issues with parts have been resolved now, if there was nothing else missing which seems to be the consensus .

Thanks,
Dzmconstr
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sounds very familiar...

I would be interested to know if you bought from the same dealer I purchased mine from 2 weeks ago. I have the exact same situation, dual top, took the hard top off and stored it, went to put the soft top on and lo and behold, no door surrounds or the bracket for the rear window bar. The dealer has been telling me "tomorrow" for the last 10 days. My jeep was christened on day two with a very heavy sudden downpour (at least I got that out of the way). I took my drain plugs out just in case I get caught again before my parts arrive. I did order a safari bikini that gives at least some coverage while I wait. I am so curious who you bought from, if you don't feel comfortable calling them out here in the public arena please PM me!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not get the two boxes, when I got my jk. I had to go back. I have read a few people have left without the two boxes.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was lucky the salesmen I bought my 2011 has a 07 lifted and I wheel with him , so he knew exactly what was suppose to be in it when I bought it haha
Old 06-11-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

So if your dealer really isn't customer friendly and won't deal with you by giving your softtop parts that are due to you report them to Chrysler. All dealerships have a bonus plan called CSI (Customer service index) which I think is payed twice a year. So that's always one way to deal with issues with your dealer. also 5 star dealers may be a better place to buy.

just a thought.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by moalder
I would be interested to know if you bought from the same dealer I purchased mine from 2 weeks ago. I have the exact same situation, dual top, took the hard top off and stored it, went to put the soft top on and lo and behold, no door surrounds or the bracket for the rear window bar. The dealer has been telling me "tomorrow" for the last 10 days. My jeep was christened on day two with a very heavy sudden downpour (at least I got that out of the way). I took my drain plugs out just in case I get caught again before my parts arrive. I did order a safari bikini that gives at least some coverage while I wait. I am so curious who you bought from, if you don't feel comfortable calling them out here in the public arena please PM me!
PM Sent
And for the public audience, in the end I realized I over reacted but when you spend $30k you want what you bought now, not two weeks down the road. And it would have helped had they been pro-active in my case vs re-active.

Lastly, like moalder, I will say I put the surrounds on the minute I got them and with-in two hours it rained over two inches at the house.....Thank god they were on and it was tight! How do the power windows, power locks work after a drenching anyway?

Quick Reply: Bad dealer experience....what to do next