Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Backordered!? Damn!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...4194-Grill-Mod

Lol. Merlin used his wizard abilities and beat me to it.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Merlin-Thank you much. It's nice that this community really does take the time to help out the less informed bunch. Really, really appreciated.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4fit?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...4194-Grill-Mod

Lol. Merlin used his wizard abilities and beat me to it.
What can I say...I'm a forum ninja.

Originally Posted by lulu2533
Merlin-Thank you much. It's nice that this community really does take the time to help out the less informed bunch. Really, really appreciated.
Not a problem. We're all here to help each other.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

This really cranks my chain as well. It seems like every time I order anything from there, it ends up back ordered. I am wondering if they stock anything.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
If you do it the way I did (with the plastic gutter mesh found at any hardware store, some Goo Gone, and Gorilla Glue) and you have a set of scissors - it becomes nothing more than a craft project. Here's a picture of what it should look like from the inside of the grille:

I did this same mod, looks great. After a winter of cold wet rain a few of the stickers started to pull up. I us construction adhesive on those and a dab next to each of the others and it's holding great.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lulu2533, sorry for the delay on the inserts. Drake is a little behind on their production. I did contact them to get an eta and they are saying the black inserts are around a month out. However, we do have the brushed aluminum and stainless ones in stock. If you would like to change your order to either of those just give us a call and we can substitute them out for you. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why can't Quadratec make it so that if something is out of stock or backordered it shows it, or you get a notice when you put it in the cart, or before order is finalized?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by im-ocd
Why can't Quadratec make it so that if something is out of stock or backordered it shows it, or you get a notice when you put it in the cart, or before order is finalized?
I agree. Every other company that I order from on the internet lets you know it is backordered. WTF, it's actually kinda shady imo.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

My solution is pretty easy. I always PM and contact the Q-tec rep for anything I buy from them (to get the best discount and free shipping), and he's always mentioned whether its in stock or not at that point.

Why not save a few bucks (and time) next time and just PM the rep?
Old 06-09-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
My solution is pretty easy. I always PM and contact the Q-tec rep for anything I buy from them (to get the best discount and free shipping), and he's always mentioned whether its in stock or not at that point.

Why not save a few bucks (and time) next time and just PM the rep?
I did PM the rep. He only called during the times I specifically said I wouldn't be around to take the call. And when I tried calling back he was never there and only got a voice mail. So, I got tired of trying.

Quick Reply: Backordered!? Damn!