Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When i first got my jeep i placed a few orders with them and i got my toys,very happy. Then i saw a set of rims on one of the jeeps in the catalog so i called them up to find out who made them, but the guy said they don't carry that wheel and he wouldn't tell me who made them. So that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I have been using quadratec since my first wrangler in 1994, right out of college. Then the reps on the phone could provide useful insight and knowledge on the items they sold. I have found that my recent experience is that the phone reps appear to have much less knowledge of their products in terms of form and function. I have been considering different companies due to my recent experiences. I just ordered my fourth wrangler, so My jeeps are family members. However, I expect a level of knowledge and experience from "my" accessory company since I want to trust them with My jeep's well being. Not sure why my perception has changed, but not the same family and fellow jeep enthusiast experience that was part of my earlier memories. Too bad since now I can afford bigger and better toys!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MARTYP
When i first got my jeep i placed a few orders with them and i got my toys,very happy. Then i saw a set of rims on one of the jeeps in the catalog so i called them up to find out who made them, but the guy said they don't carry that wheel and he wouldn't tell me who made them. So that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Hmm...

Was the Jeep with the wheels you were interested in our Stages Jeep? (back when it was red in the catalog '05-'06)

Click image for larger version

Name:	stage2.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	416755
(wheels in question not shown)

I know we ran into an issue where a set of wheels displayed on that TJ were discontinued shortly after that feature went to print... still no excuse for the rep to not tell you who made them even if they didn't know, at least fess up accordingly...

I believe they were an American Racing Diamond Lock Wheel (see attachment)

I apologize for the bad treatment. Please PM me any additional details you may remember.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	179
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	416785  
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like Quadratech. Ive not had any issues with them. Happy with the selection of products they carry. Ive got lots of cool shizzle from them on my rig.

Happy Jeepin!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear all these problems. I've always had a great experience with Quadratec, but I've never ordered any large items from them. I will in the future though, but I can see how some people have bad experiences and it sours them towards a company. The rep from Quadratec on here seems like a pretty helpful dude though.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:58 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in West Australia, and made about a dozen orders. All good bar one with the backorder issue and copped double freight.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've made at least 15 orders through them and have never once been dissatisfied. Always straight up with me and pretty much next day shipping based on my location.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have placed a bunch of orders with them, for everything from rubber mats to 35" tires and no problems. I think they have good pricing as well along with a pretty knowledgeable staff.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Any time you're going to order something from Quadratec, check Amazon first; it's probably cheaper on Amazon, has free shipping and free returns too most of the time.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like quadra. The only thing I would like different is some sort of consumer rating system from people running there products.

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec