Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I don't think nasty language is doing much here.

I've had good tidings with Quadratec but I realize that my experience isn't going to be universal and that bad things happen. Is it enough to publicly disparage them? I guess that's up to you.

I used to help my dad order stuff from Moss Motors (basically a Quadratec for old British cars) and it's the same ebb/flow of inventory. They can't always control their suppliers and when they send parts.

It would be nice if all online retailers had an interface and real-time inventory like Amazon, but they are one of the biggest online retailers in the world. Different scale, different budget, different set of skills they're paying for. Quadratec is microscopic in comparison to Amazon and they do quite well with their current system.
I also love quadratec!! But JkSea, I have to disagree... I own my own parts business with anywhere from 8-13K products available at any given time and our software was not that expensive nor difficult to setup for live inventory. No discount to quadratec though, never had an issue with em.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i feel bad for his mom

the x mas gift prob botherd her more than him! should have compensated her even a gift card or somthin with out us where would they be , but they claim they want your buis

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-22-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGS
I have placed several orders through them (Quadratec), and so far, have been very disappointed. My mother, the sweetest woman on Earth, ordered me some Jeep stuff for Christmas, however after the order was placed, she was notified it had been backordered... Nice to know AFTER placing the order...... So, embarrassed, she gave me a copy of the printed invoice for Christmas.

Now, I'm not upset that I didn't get a present from her on Christmas lol.. I was just frustrated for her because I know that's not what you want to hand your son when your other friends and children are enjoying their nice gifts... Ok. Fine. Order was placed 12/2....January 3rd rolls around and no word or update from Quadratec. So, I called. Apparently, they had received a shipment, but it was "distributed to other customers." Not something an anxious Jeeper wants to hear. I should note that she had ordered the Smittybilt G.E.A.R front seat covers and tailgate storage package---it's not like it was a rack or specialty bumper that is painstakingly slow to build. I asked them to cancel the order, and they did. She then ordered another set from 4wd.com and they arrived within the advertised 3 days.

Ok, so the covers ended up being a terrible fit, not to mention the WRONG color, so I just returned them and had them credit her card. Finally she just gave me money to buy what I wanted. lol. So, like a dummy (hindsight) I got on Quadratec to shop around for some essentials. I place my order and wait. I receive an email notification the next day informing me that my card was declined....Hmmm. So, I called and 'cleared' up an issue and it was to be processed again that afternoon. I received NO email so I called again, very frustrated at this point. I spoke to a nice fellow who tells me it has gone through. About an hour later, I receive an email letting me know my card was DECLINED. I KNOW there are no problems with my card or bank, and it must be an error on Quadratec's end since the customer service rep just told me it had processed. So, I just told him to read back my billing and shipping addresses...they were correct. He then told me he would run it again. It went through. Finally processed 2.5 business days later. (still haven't received the order). JESUS.

Just a few days ago, I got on Quadratec again, like a MORON (hindsight). I ordered the River Raider Limb Risers and entered my card info and all that jazz... Order goes through and then...AFTER I placed the order, it tells me they are backordered. Now I get to call customer service and let them know I NEED to cancel my order so I can get them in 3 days from another vendor, which I have already guaranteed by successfully, and easily placing my order from River Raider direct.

Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to vent, and I know this is one of the few places my Jeep frustrations will be understood. lol. I am curious, though. Is this how Qtec normally operates? Or is this an isolated incident? Regardless, I will no longer be a customer.

Have a merry Monday. lol
I guess they hate us Arkansas boys.

I had issues with my gift certificate not working in the website.(no big deal there). So I called to see what the deal was and they guy on the phone was VERY short tempered! I barely got the words out before he abruptly interrupted me asking, "did they activate it?!" I was like, "I wouldn't know that." He then asks for the number on the certificate and says, "yep! They didn't activate it.." So whatever to that... I decided to go ahead and just place my order while on the phone. He didn't care for that. So, in a rushed manner he asks for the product numbers and I gave them. I then asked about the free shipping for jkforum members and that really frustrated him! He said, "next time, I'm gonna need to know that before we process an order!" Rudely of course. I almost just hung up at that point, and would have had it not been for needing to use the gift certificate. I can't say it's the last time I'll deal with them, but if that happened again, they would be taken off my vender supply list.

Ps. I don't remember the employees name or I would've let Q-tec know who exactly it was!

Last edited by Dkjk; 01-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkjk
I guess they hate us Arkansas boys.

I had issues with my gift certificate not working in the website.(no big deal there). So I called to see what the deal was and they guy on the phone was VERY short tempered! I barely got the words out before he abruptly interrupted me asking, "did they activate it?!" I was like, "I wouldn't know that." He then asks for the number on the certificate and says, "yep! They didn't activate it.." So whatever to that... I decided to go ahead and just place my order while on the phone. He didn't care for that. So, in a rushed manner he asks for the product numbers and I gave them. I then asked about the free shipping for jkforum members and that really frustrated him! He said, "next time, I'm gonna need to know that before we process an order!" Rudely of course. I almost just hung up at that point, and would have had it not been for needing to use the gift certificate. I can't say it's the last time I'll deal with them, but if that happened again, they would be taken off my vender supply list.

Ps. I don't remember the employees name or I would've let Q-tec know who exactly it was!
Hello Danny,

I apologize for the treatment you received over the phone. Please PM me the phone number you called from and an approximate time. I want to notify upper management.

-Kahdir
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quadratec

Hello Danny,

I apologize for the treatment you received over the phone. Please PM me the phone number you called from and an approximate time. I want to notify upper management.

-Kahdir
Thanks Kahdir! PM sent
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Of course i place an order on the phone and receive my box of stuff 2 days later to find out that the tow strap and rear brake line brackets are back ordered. I dont see why he could not tell me that on the phone before I ordered them.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by quadratec
With current limitations of our software we are unable to show live inventory, but it is something we hope to have in the near future as we know it is a large request from our customers.
I think this was a late reply, but thank you for replying. Live inventory is IMHO mandatory at this point in time, but the problem goes beyond just the ordering page. When my wife bought me a gift certificate I used it to purchase floor liners, even calling there was "no idea" when they would ship (I called after waiting a month) and the rep said he would ship out the Tread Lightly mats instead - but that never happened. Waited about 2 months for floor liners.

That kinda stuff makes people frustrated.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea
I don't think nasty language is doing much here.

I've had good tidings with Quadratec but I realize that my experience isn't going to be universal and that bad things happen. Is it enough to publicly disparage them? I guess that's up to you.

I used to help my dad order stuff from Moss Motors (basically a Quadratec for old British cars) and it's the same ebb/flow of inventory. They can't always control their suppliers and when they send parts.

It would be nice if all online retailers had an interface and real-time inventory like Amazon, but they are one of the biggest online retailers in the world. Different scale, different budget, different set of skills they're paying for. Quadratec is microscopic in comparison to Amazon and they do quite well with their current system.
Nasty language? You serious?

I used to LOVE Quadratec. Their "phantom ordering" IS BULLSHIT.

I understand the scale, the budget, all of that. But realistically Quadratech is a LARGE company. This is shown by their rather fantastic catalog. We aren't in 1940 anymore. Computers exist - obviously as this is where you are reading this. Inventory can be updated instantly, and a company that can afford such a great catalog can CERTAINLY afford Excel or even a better inventory software.

Again, I used to really like Quadratech. IMHO there is probably some sort of personnel problem going on right now. A cousin, a nephew, whatever - someone who has no business being in charge has been given a position. I can see NO OTHER EXPLANATION for such asinine behavior from a company that used to be spot on all the time.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok time to here some good stuff about quadratec i have ordered from them in the past with no issues great service fast shipping I have also ordered from other places to find out a week later my part was on back order on that note I never order without first calling to make sure it's in stock quadratec I think your a great resource for jeep parts and ill order from you again
Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyj
I think this was a late reply, but thank you for replying. Live inventory is IMHO mandatory at this point in time, but the problem goes beyond just the ordering page. When my wife bought me a gift certificate I used it to purchase floor liners, even calling there was "no idea" when they would ship (I called after waiting a month) and the rep said he would ship out the Tread Lightly mats instead - but that never happened. Waited about 2 months for floor liners.

That kinda stuff makes people frustrated.
With exception of Cherokee and Grand Cherokee applications, I don't think we've been out of our new design liners since releasing them. rickyj, if you could, please PM me roughly when you called and the phone number you would have called from, I would like to get to the bottom of the issue.

Originally Posted by rickyj
Nasty language? You serious?

I used to LOVE Quadratec. Their "phantom ordering" IS BULLSHIT.

I understand the scale, the budget, all of that. But realistically Quadratech is a LARGE company. This is shown by their rather fantastic catalog. We aren't in 1940 anymore. Computers exist - obviously as this is where you are reading this. Inventory can be updated instantly, and a company that can afford such a great catalog can CERTAINLY afford Excel or even a better inventory software.

Again, I used to really like Quadratech. IMHO there is probably some sort of personnel problem going on right now. A cousin, a nephew, whatever - someone who has no business being in charge has been given a position. I can see NO OTHER EXPLANATION for such asinine behavior from a company that used to be spot on all the time.
While I will agree with you on how fantastic our catalog is , I must separate the idea of new management or inventory software from your equation. Quadratec may seem like a large company, but we are still a small business.. under 100 employees, we are not some faceless conglomerate. We strive to do everything in house, our call center, warehousing, purchasing, catalog and web just to name a few.

Live inventory is a goal we are working towards, we do realize this is a standard nowadays. Please use Live Chat or PM me to check stock before making a purchase until we have the ability to list inventory.

We are still owned and run the same as we were 20 years ago. The only changes are that our catalog and website have grown and some of our suppliers & competitors have come and gone.

Kahdir Johnson
Web Sales Manager
kahdir@quadratec.com
610.701.3336 x 311

Last edited by quadratec; 01-31-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec