Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had any problems here, but I always use the online thing to check avail or call them to make sure, im only an hour or less away from them tho so if i can i pick items up
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've ordered a few things from quadratec never had a problem I've talked with them on the phone also really seem to do a good job for me I always call to check if what I'm ordering is in stock .
Old 01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

Always had great customer service from Quadratec. I do always call though to make sure I get the free shipping and they let me know before I place the order if things are not in stock. I returned an item once and even got a gift certificate for the mess up. Plus I'm pretty close to them so things show up really fast! Ordered my winch on Monday and it was on my porch when I got home on Tuesday!! I do think the website should let you know if an item is out of stock.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Our billing procedures concerning credit cards can be a bit confusing; I’ll try to explain as best I can.

Other than special orders, (which we authorize when the order is placed but still do not bill) Quadratec does not charge for any order until the item has shipped from one of our warehouses (or the manufacturer in case of drop shipments or custom orders).

If anyone feels that they may have been billed incorrectly we encourage them to contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-745-6037 or Info@quadratec.com

Hope this helps!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Ive always had excellent customer service!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think all the online stores can have mishaps naturally here and there, just how it goes. My go to is Northridge4x4-outstanding price and service, then Quadratec-usually great all around other than a lot of slow shipping, lastly Morris4x4-smooth operation. I won't do business with 4WD any longer because they nearly never have anything in stock for what I'm after, very rare they have the parts advertised in stock, from my experience.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of my initial mod ordering was from 4wd, namely because of free shipping (this was before I knew Quadratec offered free shipping for JKF members) - but since I've had a couple orders from Quadratec, and never had any problems. ($%& can happen anywhere though)

4wd, Morris, Northridge, Quadratec, Jeep Swag - maybe I've just been lucky, but they've all done a highly satisfactory job of taking all my money and sending me Jeep parts in return
Old 01-18-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Canibeat
They definitely overcharge for shipping... which is why I'll probably never do business with them. They want over $600 for shipping for a lift kit... NR4x4 shipped out for about $300. I bought a drag link a week ago from a Dallas Dodge dealer on eBay
... they charged me $25 for shipping for FedEx ground and I think they shipped it parcel post... WTF! FYI parcel post usually takes over a month to get to Hawaii. Good customer service is just hard to come by these days...
Totally agree with you. I was charged $100 shipping for a $300 order. Never again for me.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

I do agree with Quadratec"s shipping prices they are very high. But we as members no longer have to pay the shipping costs so know it doesn't matter I will not stop shopping like I said before they ship quick.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

I have always had great service on anything I have ever ordered. I normally do my research online but call in my orders to make sure there are no back orders or surprises.

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec