Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by TJM12
I have found that except for Northridge or Amazon, most vendors are back ordered on most items I ever order.
I too agree that merchants should list whether or not the item is in stock before ordering, I think they don't because they don't want you shopping elsewhere. I also think needing to call ahead sort of defeats having the whole online shopping concept. What really gets me is when your charged up front for something that is back ordered and hasn't shipped, credit card statement comes in and you pay it, and yet you still don't have the order. It seems like most of the offroad shops do this.
I fully agree with this. Doing business any other way is "shady".

I work for a company where there is a website where we can buy the products we make. If a product is out of stock, we are presented with 2 options. OPTION1: Place order now, your credit card will be charged now at the current sale price listed on the website. You are also provided with an estimated date the product is expected to be available for shipment. OPTION2: Place a back order and be notified by email when the product is available in inventory, but the current sale price is no longer guaranteed. If the product is in stock then neither option is presented to you and you are notified by email when the product ships along with the tracking number.

So it's not like the technology is not available to do this kind of stuff and be notified if what you are buying is currently in stock or not.

Originally Posted by quadratec
Hello HOGS,
Please PM me your contact information so that I may review this with upper management for ways to improve our service to customers.

Kahdir Johnson
Web Sales Manager
kahdir@quadratec.com
610.701.3336 x 311
A good start would be to notify a customer that the product is currently not available before accepting their payment. I don't go to a store and hand the store money for products that aren't on the shelf without them letting me know it isn't currently available. Why would I expect to do that just because I'm shopping online? I don't care if other vendors practice that policy. Two wrongs still don't make a right.

This whole scenario reminds me of Wimpy on the Popeye show, except in reverse. "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

This is why I prefer to shop on websites like Ebay and Amazon. Most vendors already sell their stuff through these sites. If they pull that crap on Ebay or Amazon enough times they will get consistent NEGATIVE feedback ratings where people will highly consider shopping elsewhere due to low feedback ratings. The customer has a voice on those sites, along with those sites backing up returned payment if a seller doesn't send the product. In fact I've purchased Quadratec products through Ebay before.

Last edited by Rednroll; 01-15-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I fully agree with this. Doing business any other way is "shady".

I work for a company where there is a website where we can buy the products we make. If a product is out of stock, we are presented with 2 options. OPTION1: Place order now, your credit card will be charged now at the current sale price listed on the website. You are also provided with an estimated date the product is expected to be available for shipment. OPTION2: Place a back order and be notified by email when the product is available in inventory, but the current sale price is no longer guaranteed. If the product is in stock then neither option is presented to you and you are notified by email when the product ships along with the tracking number.

So it's not like the technology is not available to do this kind of stuff and be notified if what you are buying is currently in stock or not.

A good start would be to notify a customer that the product is currently not available before accepting their payment. I don't go to a store and hand the store money for products that aren't on the shelf without them letting me know it isn't currently available. Why would I expect to do that just because I'm shopping online? I don't care if other vendors practice that policy. Two wrongs still don't make a right.

This whole scenario reminds me of Wimpy on the Popeye show, except in reverse. "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

This is why I prefer to shop on websites like Ebay and Amazon. Most vendors already sell their stuff through these sites. If they pull that crap on Ebay or Amazon enough times they will get consistent NEGATIVE feedback ratings where people will highly consider shopping elsewhere due to low feedback ratings. The customer has a voice on those sites, along with those sites backing up returned payment if a seller doesn't send the product. In fact I've purchased Quadratec products through Ebay before.

I agree with you on the product being in stock. I PM'ed with my info with hope that something actually is done, but I'm not really holding my breath-------I'm just one customer to a very large and successful company.......
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazon doesn't charge until your item(s) ship. I thought I've seen them mention that this is a law regarding online sales. I could be wrong, I just know that my preorders there as well as other items (especially ammo and gun parts) from other sites never come out of my bank until they ship.

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing business with a company that does it any other way.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles
Amazon doesn't charge until your item(s) ship. I thought I've seen them mention that this is a law regarding online sales. I could be wrong, I just know that my preorders there as well as other items (especially ammo and gun parts) from other sites never come out of my bank until they ship.

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing business with a company that does it any other way.
I always get charged right away when I purchase from them..... But they tell u before u purchase when it will be shipped out if u order right then and there

And I didn't know we get free shipping from quadratec.....
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly, I knew about the free shipping, but I don't want to have to call and place my order over the phone. If they had a free shipping code or something where I could order online, I would have bought a lot more stuff from them. But end up order else where for this reason alone.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Honestly, I knew about the free shipping, but I don't want to have to call and place my order over the phone. If they had a free shipping code or something where I could order online, I would have bought a lot more stuff from them. But end up order else where for this reason alone.

x2.

I completely agree. My girlfriend bought me some Staun tire deflators from Qtec for a gift. Had she known about the free shipping, she would have saved 14.99 shipping fee for TIRE DEFLATORS. I told her about free shipping just last night (mostly bc I too just learned) and she was furious. Then she asked some good questions: "How do you get it? Do you always have to call? What's the point of having a website?....might as well just distribute catalogs."

This is for Khadir at Quadratec:

I think the best way to better your online services would be to offer a free shipping CODE. That being said, I understand how things are on the internet... Once a code is posted, the entire Jeep community would have it, and Quadratec would suddenly lose probably a somewhat large part of its revenue given the outrageous shipping prices. So, that may have to be tweaked, but would definitely garner the attention of those who are ignorant to forum discounts...

What ABSOLUTELY needs to be done is to post whether the item is IN STOCK, AT ANOTHER WAREHOUSE, OUT OF STOCK, OR BACKORDERED where you see the ADD TO CART icon... It should be labeled "Availability: ......" just like 96% of online retail websites.

Those are the two glaring things I see that can easily be fixed. Now, as far as the credit card confusion and all that jazz that I experienced, I understand mistakes happen and we are all human... annoying, but not detrimental...

I keep going back to Qtec for a reason: I love the variety, prices, and specificity of browsing a superstore for only Jeep stuff. But, all of that has been overshadowed by poor performance, outrageous shipping fees, and a lack of communication. If these things are improved, I can guarantee that I will be a longtime Qtec customer.

I hope these ideas are taken seriously, and I would like to thank you again for your apology and willingness to address the problem.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shipping is certainly a factor. One of the things I've noticed was that at least 4Wd and Qtec and the like have good pricing on most items, then when they waive the shipping. it really saves you some dough. Unlike some sites that offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount, but that seems to be because they build shipping into the prices, which consequently are higher as a result. I guess it works though? Probably because of the perception of free shipping? I try and look at it as shipping takes the place of the sales tax I save when buying online.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Junkie

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with quadratec. I've bought from them many times with no problems. I love there selection and prices!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Nibsirb
I've always just called them. That way I make sure i get my free shipping! I do all my research online of course like everybody else but the whole backorder thing always gets me, so another reason to call and actually talk to somebody who can tell me whether or not they are going to ship out ontime or not
+1 calling lets you mention you are a forum member and get free shipping, plus you immediately know if they have the item in stock. Nothing but satisfaction for me from Q'Tec
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

The reviews on Amazon are very helpful, often the reviews will answer a question you might have about the product, I don't see those on Quadratec, + Amazon usually has free shipping w/o any phone call and free returns, just go on Amaozon's web site and print out the labels and drop it off at UPS.

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec