Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quadratec has an excellent site, but what keeps me from buying from them is their shipping costs. They seem a little slanted, especially as I am only 4 hours away.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quadratec is a very comprehensive site with everything... Kind of the Walmart of the Jeep world. Without the low prices. I've always liked them but they are almost always more expensive.
I really like Northridge 4x4 I just wish they were in the Midwest so I get my parts even faster! Lol
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by horrocks007
Quadratec has an excellent site, but what keeps me from buying from them is their shipping costs. They seem a little slanted, especially as I am only 4 hours away.
If you guys would actually do some research on the forums or even just ASK you would know that they price match and SHIP FOR FREE TO FORUM MEMBERS

I always order from Quadratec and have ZERO COMPLAINTS
Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4

If you guys would actually do some research on the forums or even just ASK you would know that they price match and SHIP FOR FREE TO FORUM MEMBERS

I always order from Quadratec and have ZERO COMPLAINTS
They would price match for me, but they wouldn't price match and ship for free for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tommyluv78

They would price match for me, but they wouldn't price match and ship for free for me.
Talk to their rep on here if someone is giving you an issue on their end. All my involvements with them have played out nicely. Normally, I'll call to order first, then if I have an issue, i'll PM the rep here.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

To be fair I've had great service and shipping is free if you call and tell then you are a member on this forum.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To the OP:
I only ordered once from Qtech and shipping was really fast, but I generally good thru the manufacturers for parts ie: ur river raider kit.... I love ordering direct from River Raider! They have GREAT customer service and fast shipping!

Surprised quadratec hasn't chimed in on this thread..........
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGS
I have placed several orders through them (Quadratec), and so far, have been very disappointed. My mother, the sweetest woman on Earth, ordered me some Jeep stuff for Christmas, however after the order was placed, she was notified it had been backordered... Nice to know AFTER placing the order...... So, embarrassed, she gave me a copy of the printed invoice for Christmas.

Now, I'm not upset that I didn't get a present from her on Christmas lol.. I was just frustrated for her because I know that's not what you want to hand your son when your other friends and children are enjoying their nice gifts... Ok. Fine. Order was placed 12/2....January 3rd rolls around and no word or update from Quadratec. So, I called. Apparently, they had received a shipment, but it was "distributed to other customers." Not something an anxious Jeeper wants to hear. I should note that she had ordered the Smittybilt G.E.A.R front seat covers and tailgate storage package---it's not like it was a rack or specialty bumper that is painstakingly slow to build. I asked them to cancel the order, and they did. She then ordered another set from 4wd.com and they arrived within the advertised 3 days.

Ok, so the covers ended up being a terrible fit, not to mention the WRONG color, so I just returned them and had them credit her card. Finally she just gave me money to buy what I wanted. lol. So, like a dummy (hindsight) I got on Quadratec to shop around for some essentials. I place my order and wait. I receive an email notification the next day informing me that my card was declined....Hmmm. So, I called and 'cleared' up an issue and it was to be processed again that afternoon. I received NO email so I called again, very frustrated at this point. I spoke to a nice fellow who tells me it has gone through. About an hour later, I receive an email letting me know my card was DECLINED. I KNOW there are no problems with my card or bank, and it must be an error on Quadratec's end since the customer service rep just told me it had processed. So, I just told him to read back my billing and shipping addresses...they were correct. He then told me he would run it again. It went through. Finally processed 2.5 business days later. (still haven't received the order). JESUS.

Just a few days ago, I got on Quadratec again, like a MORON (hindsight). I ordered the River Raider Limb Risers and entered my card info and all that jazz... Order goes through and then...AFTER I placed the order, it tells me they are backordered. Now I get to call customer service and let them know I NEED to cancel my order so I can get them in 3 days from another vendor, which I have already guaranteed by successfully, and easily placing my order from River Raider direct.

Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to vent, and I know this is one of the few places my Jeep frustrations will be understood. lol. I am curious, though. Is this how Qtec normally operates? Or is this an isolated incident? Regardless, I will no longer be a customer.

Have a merry Monday. lol
Hello HOGS,

I am sorry for all of the trouble you and your family have had the past few months ordering through Quadratec. Please PM me your contact information so that I may review this with upper management for ways to improve our service to customers.

Kahdir Johnson
Web Sales Manager
kahdir@quadratec.com
610.701.3336 x 311
Old 01-15-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quadratec

Hello HOGS,

I am sorry for all of the trouble you and your family have had the past few months ordering through Quadratec. Please PM me your contact information so that I may review this with upper management for ways to improve our service to customers.

Kahdir Johnson
Web Sales Manager
kahdir@quadratec.com
610.701.3336 x 311

They have always been great to deal with for me and I'll bet they try and make it right. Gotta love the free shipping for forum members and they even extended the free shipping to some family that aren't forum members but were buying me Christmas presents.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cwfunrider

They have always been great to deal with for me and I'll bet they try and make it right. Gotta love the free shipping for forum members and they even extended the free shipping to some family that aren't forum members but were buying me Christmas presents.
Why do I always forget that?!?!?! I just ordered on Sunday from quadratic and paid $$$$$$$$ for shipping. Fml.

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec