Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AVOID Quadratec

Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've ordered from them a few times. I've always received my product on time but their customer service isn't great. I received a 'new' mopar tailgate bar and when it arrived the box was in rough shape and the product had marks on it with zero protection on the inside. It was clearly used and returned. I opened a case with them a couple months ago, sent pictures and they were 'looking' into it but I've yet to hear back. Sent the rep an email twice for an update with no reply. PMd them and nothing. I've given up, o well i'll use the 'new' used bar that I paid new price for and take my business elsewhere.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doschmafia
I also get the items backordered and I have called and not got the free shipping. Is it a pain yeah, but I eventually get my stuff and its not like i am getting parts that are vital to making my jeep run. It would be nice to see if the item is in stock or not and it would also be nice to get you emails returned .
Are you emailing info@quadratec.com or sales@quadratec.com?
Please PM me or check our Live Chat to check inventory.

Originally Posted by Maertz
Type the quadratec number into google shopping and you can add to cart with no shipping... As for the backorders they are terrible ive cancelled prolly half my orders with them. If i pm them on the forum for orders its already a week before it gets entered
Quadratec is waiving FedEx Ground Shipping to the 48 contiguous states. To make things easier, use coupon code RenegadeHotel on the Quadratec Promo Codes link.

Originally Posted by tribulation138
Havent shopped with them yet. Buy there site is really expensive
We price match and offer discounts to military, law enforcement, firefighters, EMT/paramedics, pastors, teachers and students. Just PM me for details.

Originally Posted by lindseyJK
Always had good things with them . But now I shop at Morris 4x4 Prices are just better and you can us pay-pal .
We accept PayPal aswell, PM me for details.

Originally Posted by balmorjk
I just ordered 3 items from them on May 15, mid-day, all 3 items "Bestop products" shipped within minutes of each another from the same location. The largest item came in 2 days, the smallest item came in 6 days, and the third item, I still don't have............They are using Fed-Ex now???? They should go back using UPS ...... that is what you get for FREE shipping. I have 98% percent of my items from them, what is going on.....I may try Northridge 4X4 with my next order of control arms.........
We use FedEx & SmartPost because they offer more options like Saturday deliveRY Please PM me your info so I can look into the delays.

Originally Posted by RubiconJim
I've ordered from them a few times. I've always received my product on time but their customer service isn't great. I received a 'new' mopar tailgate bar and when it arrived the box was in rough shape and the product had marks on it with zero protection on the inside. It was clearly used and returned. I opened a case with them a couple months ago, sent pictures and they were 'looking' into it but I've yet to hear back. Sent the rep an email twice for an update with no reply. PMd them and nothing. I've given up, o well i'll use the 'new' used bar that I paid new price for and take my business elsewhere.
Hello James,

I forwarded your pics and info to our Customer Service Manager and have not received any messages from you since the March 25th email - I assumed you were taken care of by our customer service department. I apologize for the oversight on my part. I will send the a replacement A.S.A.P.!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow well I'll give credit where's its due. Quadratec is making things right guys. They posted as above that they would take care of my unresolved situation and they have. They are shipping out a new tailgate bar and I've already received confirmation and tracking. I'll revoke my prior comments, obviously being out of frustration. I'm glad Quadratec stepped up and resolved the issue and have regained my business. Hope everyone else who's having an issue can get it resolved and do business going forward with quadratec.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smartpost sucks. It's been taking 6 to 8 days for delivery from PA to MI. That's WITH Saturday delivery. I'd rather you went back to UPS. At least I could always count on shipping being 2 - 3 days. That's a big difference in time. I could order on a Monday knowing it would definitely be here for the weekend. UPS delivery date estiamtes, for me, have always been spot on, now it's a flip of the coin on when it will show up. Delivery dates just sort of float with SmartPost.

Originally Posted by quadratec
We use FedEx & SmartPost because they offer more options like Saturday deliveRY Please PM me your info so I can look into the delays.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quadratec
We price match and offer discounts to military, law enforcement, firefighters, EMT/paramedics, pastors, teachers and students. Just PM me for details.
Sure am glad im following this thread!! Discounts to teachers?? Definitely going to look into that further. Keeps getting better and better. Thanks guys!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Growlz
Smartpost sucks. It's been taking 6 to 8 days for delivery from PA to MI. That's WITH Saturday delivery. I'd rather you went back to UPS. At least I could always count on shipping being 2 - 3 days. That's a big difference in time. I could order on a Monday knowing it would definitely be here for the weekend. UPS delivery date estiamtes, for me, have always been spot on, now it's a flip of the coin on when it will show up. Delivery dates just sort of float with SmartPost.
I concur with this...I have permanently snubbed it as DumbPost. It always screws up and delays my deliveries. I also start thinking twice about buying from companies that use it...
Old 05-25-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Growlz
I have stopped shopping at multiple online places because they switched to smartpost... most places usually stop smartpost soon after since it is so inefficient and adds multiple days to shipping. I will not shop at quadratec for this reason, until they switch back.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've made quite a few purchases through Quadratec and found them pretty good. Being in New Zealand I am very envious of the free shipping offer and have had to cancel a few orders due to shipping costing more than I expected. I know this is a big ask but a forum discount on international shipping would be fantastic
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Smart post is only used on lightweight items such as t-shirts, sport handles up to cargo liner. Heavier items such as bumpers, exhaust, soft tops, etc. ship standard FedEx ground. If you are looking to order small or light weight items and want to avoid smart post, please PM me prior to ordering.

Originally Posted by Tycho
I've made quite a few purchases through Quadratec and found them pretty good. Being in New Zealand I am very envious of the free shipping offer and have had to cancel a few orders due to shipping costing more than I expected. I know this is a big ask but a forum discount on international shipping would be fantastic
We are waiving up to the shipping chart amount based on the total order value. Please PM me before placing your next order.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

I've been trying to order with them for over 2 weeks now. They take 3 days to reply to an email, being in australia it's impractical to call them about every hoop they want me to jump through. I called them last Monday to confirm the order - all good and then the following day the order status has been changed back to "waiting for customer" when I email them about that 3 days later I get a respons, email back and reconfirm now 3 days later thank you for confirming order we will ship ASAP. The very next email in my inbox is from them saying they want me to fax through a copy of my drivers license, credit card and credit card statement. I'm sick of the BS, they're making it way too hard to deal with them. I don't think they want my money or my business.

Edit - I think I just had sand in vagina. I was able to pay via PayPal and that satisfied them and me. Most of my order is apparently on back order but I'm happy to waiting now that's its all sorted. I'm still saving thousands on what it would cost to buy from a supplier here in Australia.

Last edited by WA-1922; 06-18-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Quick Reply: AVOID Quadratec