Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Automatic Door Locks, Why?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to jack the thread, but its on topic. I'm using the auto locks in my '12 unlimited, but sometimes they don't lock at 15 MPH like the manual states. I can't find the reason consistently, but I've been as high as 26 MPH before it locks. I think it has to do with RPMs as well (?) Anybody else, or is mine just "special"?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

JKs have power locks so we can lock the doors...
Jks have that automatic locking feature at a certain speed so we don't forget to lock them. Locked doors protect better than unlocked doors in car accident and also so you don't get jacked when you're at a red light and someone wants to get their fingers sticky with your Jeep.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
JKs have power locks so we can lock the doors...
Jks have that automatic locking feature at a certain speed so we don't forget to lock them. Locked doors protect better than unlocked doors in car accident and also so you don't get jacked when you're at a red light and someone wants to get their fingers sticky with your Jeep.
the guy selling oranges on the off ramp may carjack you without them, that's why
Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

I've always thought how fucked up this feature is... who in the hell is going to break into your JK going 15 to 35 mph? Locks are made to keep people out, not in...

One thing fur sure, if your rolling through Hollywood it keeps the desperate TRANNYS out, sitting in traffic or at speed.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Whiskeypete
the guy selling oranges on the off ramp may carjack you without them, that's why
hahahaa
Old 01-02-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m998dna
I've always thought how fucked up this feature is... who in the hell is going to break into your JK going 15 to 35 mph? Locks are made to keep people out, not in...

One thing fur sure, if your rolling through Hollywood it keeps the desperate TRANNYS out, sitting in traffic or at speed.

great feature if your transporting walking-breathing, bacteria-infested, snot factories in the back seat.

i have more issue with the door and unbuckled seat belt chime, than the auto door lock
Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
I love the power locks for the same reason as stated above. Very convenient. But what I really like is not having to use the key to unlock tailgate

Plus I couldn't constitute spending 30k on a vehicle and not having power locks and windows
I didnt mean having power locks is bad i asked why they lock when you excelerate i think thats funny and unessesary
Old 01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by m998dna

See you get it hahaha

Quick Reply: Automatic Door Locks, Why?