Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

August 2008 in Moab???

Old 04-17-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default August 2008 in Moab???

I'm Italian and at 08/08/2008 I will be to moab and would want to rent one Jeep wrangler JK in order to make offroad.

I would want to join to a group in order to cover the trails and not to be single!

someone of you will be in Moab for that date?

I remain to Moab for 3 days!

Please contact me.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Generally no one goes wheeling in August there, as it will be EXTREMELY hot, BRUTAL in certain places. If you have a choice, September or October would be a far better bet. Or, check out nearby Silverton Colorado instead.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

I spouse the 07/24/2008 and make the travel of wedding in USA
Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

What a dream, a Moab Honeymoon!

Sorry I won't be going then, but I think the first time I went to Moab was in July and I don't remember it being terribly hot. It may be a matter of perspective. At least it is a dry heat, not the dripping Houston heat! I think I'm going over Labor Day weekend end of August/early September.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might be able to make it. 8/8/08 I'll mark my calendar.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lloyd_Swartz
Generally no one goes wheeling in August there, as it will be EXTREMELY hot, BRUTAL in certain places. If you have a choice, September or October would be a far better bet. Or, check out nearby Silverton Colorado instead.
Have you ever been to moab in August? There are plenty of people biking, jeeping, and hiking in moab in august. Yes it is quite hot but bring plenty of H2O, and sunblock and you'll be fine.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lolli
I spouse the 07/24/2008 and make the travel of wedding in USA

Congrats! I did the same the first time around. Married at Dead Horse Point, wedding party wheeled up Longs Canyon to the wedding, back down over Gemini Bridges Trail(yes, we drive across the bridges) to the little western show place(name is alluding me right now) for the reception. The County Clerk married us, it was either that or the Mayor.

Great way to go. I hope your marriage lasts longer then mine did.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Why not do Moab AND Ouray/Silverton/Durango??? Tutto Pazzi?!

No. They aren't that far away from each other, and the southwest part of Colorado is awesome at that time of the year. Plus seeing some of the old mining ghost towns and Alpine Trail views,..... Bellissimo!

Truly a part of the USA, and its history, that cannot be found in Europe or anywhere else.

I hope you take a lot of pictures and post them with us. And congratulations on your wedding plans!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mmcan
Why not do Moab AND Ouray/Silverton/Durango??? Tutto Pazzi?!

No. They aren't that far away from each other, and the southwest part of Colorado is awesome at that time of the year. Plus seeing some of the old mining ghost towns and Alpine Trail views,..... Bellissimo!

Truly a part of the USA, and its history, that cannot be found in Europe or anywhere else.

I hope you take a lot of pictures and post them with us. And congratulations on your wedding plans!

mmcan and others, is there a trail guide book for Colorado and these other areas?

Last year four of us came to Moab and used the excellent guide books there to take us to some fantastic places

When we come back next year it would be great to extend the trip to some other areas.

Thanks, Giles
Old 04-18-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

@ The Drill:

We remain in contact for August we hope to meet ourselves.

@ Snowibex:

Which is the excellent guide for Moab?

Thanks!
Ileano.

Quick Reply: August 2008 in Moab???