Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Atlanta area folks? (Tires question)

Old 02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta area folks? (Tires question)

Hey, I don't know how many of you guys are in here but I've seen quite a few. I've figured out the tires I want and a GREAT price online. What'd I'd like to do is take the online price to local dealers that claim to match prices etc. If worse came to worse I'd like to have them shipped to the dealer (if they wouldn't match the price) to have them mounted and balanced. I didn't know if there'd be any conflicts doing this. Have any of you experienced this? Any advice?

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

I wouldn't recommend bringing the dealer into the mix. I've not had much luck with the local ATL dealers- Premier went belly up, Landmark is a pain, etc. I had a lot of trouble when my hard top was leaking.

However, I ended up driving the Charleston to pick up my current set of tires. But had very good luck with using Kauffman tire for all the mounting and balanacing etc. They are also pretty easy to work with on purchases so you may want to start there.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe I'll try Kauffman here. Just to clarify, I meant tire dealer, not the Jeep dealer.

The thing I'm really afraid to do is order the tires without a plan to get them mounted, have them sitting in front of my front door and then riding around begging someone to mount 'em!

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Update

Hey everybody! Just to follow up on this, I have some info that might help some of you in the area. I came across 4wheelparts.com and realized they have stores in Atlanta. I saw that they will match any price and not charge shipping if items are picked up in their stores. Long story short, they were having a sale and I ended up getting a helluva deal on some Cepek Mud Country tires. Not only that, but went into their store on Cobby Pkwy for the first time to order the tires. The guys there couldn't have been more pleasant to deal with. They also let me know that they have a price match guarantee on anything you bring in from online sources, etc and they don't charge to get it shipped to the stores. Sounds like a winner to me! Anyway, hope that helps some of you in the area if you didn't already know about them!

Quick Reply: Atlanta area folks? (Tires question)