Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Assembly to Delivery?

Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assembly to Delivery?

I got an e-mail from my salesman that said that my Unlimited X with half doors was scheduled to be built next week! What does this mean to me, when can I realistically expect to drive it off the lot? Anybody know the approximate time from assembly to delivery? I asked him for the VIN, but he didn't have it handy, is he blowing smoke up my a$$?

I also didn't order the side air bags, but some threads say they are required for the half doors. What's the deal?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Need more info

My brothers JK was started on monday I think, and should be here delivered first part of next week. but we are close to a rail yard maybe 10 miles and we live fairly close to the plant. (Omaha) 1 day train ride.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was built on a Saturday and at the dealer Tuesday.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

call him back if he cant give you a vin he is probly blowing smoke up your ass
Old 03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pcdesharnais
I got an e-mail from my salesman that said that my Unlimited X with half doors was scheduled to be built next week! What does this mean to me, when can I realistically expect to drive it off the lot? Anybody know the approximate time from assembly to delivery? I asked him for the VIN, but he didn't have it handy, is he blowing smoke up my a$$?

I also didn't order the side air bags, but some threads say they are required for the half doors. What's the deal?
side airbags are automatically optioned in when you order half doors. try calling your salesman/dealership back, if they can't supply you with a VIN, then they don't know when your JK is scheduled to be built; that goes hand in hand with D/D1 status. and depending on your distance from Toledo, build start to delivery is 2.5-4 weeks in most cases. there have been some cases where the finished JK sat in storage for weeks before finally being shipped, but those seem to be anomalies. good luck!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

There was no mention of the side air bags when I ordered, other than I declined them and we moved on to the next option. Could the requirements vary state to state?

I'm with you Immortality, If I get them, fine, as long as I don't get charged extra.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Giovani_Customs
My brothers JK was started on monday I think, and should be here delivered first part of next week. but we are close to a rail yard maybe 10 miles and we live fairly close to the plant. (Omaha) 1 day train ride.

Giovani----- Im in Lincoln and My jeep was finished last friday (per the customer service line). Mine is coming to Baxters. Where did you get yours?

Quick Reply: Assembly to Delivery?