Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

AROUND THE WORLD IN A JEEP- literally

Old 10-13-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AROUND THE WORLD IN A JEEP- literally

www.pny2009.com

I hope this is OK to post, it is not anything that would ever sponser anyone. Its a trek around the world in their JK's. It is so well planned. Read. Its inspiring.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

This looks very cool.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
This looks very cool.
X2. I would so love to do something like this, myself.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

I agree. Take a month and cross asia, or Europe. would be fantastic.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

I have been reading every entry since day 1 so far today (nothing going on at work ) and this is my favorite line so far while they've been crossing Siberia during one of the toughest parts thus far (in my reading at least)

"In contrast to everyone else we met on the track with their trucks or in offices, we did not have any problems. Although we had to fight against and over snow bounds, we passed every truck who got stuck, one time even a whole convoy. Everywhere big amazement how we easily continue in every situation. If the cars are standing somewhere many people say "Where do you want to go with them? You will not manage any x km." Mostly I reply nothing in order not to be impolite, but the team is really impressed how we manage these dangerous situations. Luckily my partners realize more and more what is possible."
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

This part is also cool:

"We only needed 2.5 days for the difficult track between Bilibino and Pevek. Main reason for that were definitely the tires. The 40 inches wheels modified with Staun Beadlock hoses, let us drive hundreds of kilometers with a pressure of 0.5 bar and less without any harm to the vehicles (3.5 t) or to the trailers (3 t). We drive across holes, edges, sonw drifts and optimally drive on the snow whereas all other break in. Unbelievable."
Old 10-13-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Freak

God, this sounds so awesome..

February 28, 2009: 24th short message (04:01 p.m. MEZ)

We struggeld through most dense snow flurry, kilometer after kilometer. So far, we were not able to stop, otherwise we would be totally covered in snow by tomorrow morning. We tried to reach the emergency shelter appr. 200km away from the weather station, without success. The snow drifts are too intense. We just shoveled ourselves through an inclination which took us two hours. Now the team is sleeping and I try to break through snow flurries with F1 without trailer in order not get totally covered in snow. Air pressure 0.2 bar. fuel reserve ok, food ok, team/vehicles ok.

GPS cords: N 67 52´45" / E 176 05´46"
Old 10-13-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Freak

Man!...those videos are awesome and driving though all that snow is unreal! I wonder why they didnt insulate the hard top? I guess it doesnt matter what you use at -52 deg.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

I suggest everyone to read the expedition logs.. especially when they start doing the short messages.

INTENSE!

Just got to this one:

We got stuck in the ice and have to shovel a lot. Currently overheated engine. Fan out of order. Emergency reparation done. After 1 hour warmth again in the vehicle.

THREE kilometers in THREE hours.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

This is what they're driving through:

Only in a damn Jeep! Jesus Christ.

Quick Reply: AROUND THE WORLD IN A JEEP- literally