Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone store their freedom panels in the back?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone store their freedom panels in the back?

I removed the carpet therefore they are more susceptible to scratches. How do you guys store them? I took out the rear seats (2 dr). I haven't used that cheap cloth storage bag thing...it looked like a hassle.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I left my carpet in the back and lay one panel down and put a blanket inbetween the other like a panel blanket sandwich! I havent had any scratches at all.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Practice

The Mopar bag isn't the best design but once you use it a few times, well, maybe several times, you'll find it works fine. I can get my panels in or out in just a couple minutes.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

New MORE system can fold up or down like a shelf. Looks neat, but think it's only for the 4 door right now.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrostByte
New MORE system can fold up or down like a shelf. Looks neat, but think it's only for the 4 door right now.

wow!! me likey but where do you put the rear part?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by superjk10
wow!! me likey but where do you put the rear part?
Good observation, and question!
Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

i used to stick mine in the back with a blanket. scratched em a few times.

i know someone makes a rack that mounts on/near the spare tire that carriers them.. but in my opinion its an eye sore. if i remember correctly it was pretty expensive too. youre better off just buying a soft top / bikini top to rub in the summer. thats what i did.. and im just going under the impression you want to be able to go topless but have the option for a top in certain situations.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikach28
I left my carpet in the back and lay one panel down and put a blanket inbetween the other like a panel blanket sandwich! I havent had any scratches at all.
I do the same. Mine have scratches, but most are from tree branches because I use the panels when I need to keep brush from ripping my head off.

I did recently lose one of the rubber things from one panel for the clamp above visor. Hopefully in the back somewhere.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
i used to stick mine in the back with a blanket. scratched em a few times.

i know someone makes a rack that mounts on/near the spare tire that carriers them.. but in my opinion its an eye sore. if i remember correctly it was pretty expensive too. youre better off just buying a soft top / bikini top to rub in the summer. thats what i did.. and im just going under the impression you want to be able to go topless but have the option for a top in certain situations.
I saw a 2 dr with a hitch mounted rig to carry the freedom top. But he had his soft top on at the time. I store mine in the garage, inside the bag meant for the freedom top panels, as I have the soft top on at the moment.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by FrostByte

Man !! thats sweet, i need to get me one of those

Quick Reply: Anyone store their freedom panels in the back?