Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone seen these?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you're there by the Jeep, stop by and ask the border patrol officers where their Jeeps are serviced and check to see what skid plate is installed. No need to fabricate what you can pick up at the store.

Last edited by pastorsteve; 10-13-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
you guys north of the border must understand the AMERICAN way of government- talk cheap, buy the most expensive piece of equipment available with borrowed money that the taxpayers are responsible for paying back......gotta laugh 'cause it's so sad
You're right. At the custom of "Champlain, NY/Lacolle, Qc" the goverments (US and Canada) paid 15 millions dollars to update the security.
If you want to go to USA, a few miles to east; there is a small custom closing at 5:00 pm!!! After 5:00, everybody can cross the border! WTF !!! Security is a big joke, and millions of dollars spent for nothing...
Old 10-13-2008, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

You should ask them where they got the plate
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

zi've never even seen a jeep for any purpose other then recreation... border patrol.. i guess jeeps arent working lol
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I did not see the jeep in person, or I would have asked them. I will have to see if I can find someone to make one up. I wonder what it attaches to....
Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

I would imagine it just attaches in the same way the stock one does. If I was making one, that's probably what I would do anyway.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorDad
I was looking at this picture of a Border Patrol JK and noticed what looks to be a nice metal skid attached to the stock bumper. Anyone seen these in person? Any idea what it would cost to make something like this and would it be worth doing? It would definitely put my desire for a new front bumper/skid on the back burner and do other stuff if it was a good alternative.
You don't need to make one... You can buy one from your local Jeep dealer. Part number 82210401. $243, the instructions can be viewed online and the installation is simple. It fits the stock bumper or Mopar's off-road bumper. It protects the steering and the E-swaybar gizmo.

Here's the installation instructions: http://home.att.net/~c.c.jordan/K6859923.PDF

My regards,

Widewing

Last edited by Widewing; 10-14-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I forgot about those. Probably cheaper than having one made or trying to talk the Border Patrol in giving up one of theirs. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoorDad
I forgot about those. Probably cheaper than having one made or trying to talk the Border Patrol in giving up one of theirs. Thanks!
I've got $5 that says the mechanic at that station made it after the front end got trashed one too many times. I've got another $5 that says if you went to that mechanic, he would make you one too.

Viva la Migra!!! I spent many years on the border with the Mean Green. Since moving on/up, there are those that say I still bleed green. Best of all, I got paid to do it too.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
Okay... I just read "Border Patrol"
Normal, they have to go in the wood to chase the immigrants out of the country
Nope, they never ever do that. It is illegal.

Now they might chase illegal aliens aka felons out and well they should.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen these?