Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone Recommend of a Good Cab Cover?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Cover

Love having the roof down but tired of dealing with the softtop. I'm thinking of buying a quick cover (either Bestop All Weather or Coversraft Weathershield). Anyone that has one have an opinion? Thanks for your help
Old 05-08-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

The bestop trail cover!

I have it and love it! Takes 2 minutes with one person. In a few weeks my soft top comes off and the trail cover goes on at night!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

I have the smittybuilt cab cover. It was cheap, and suprisingly it actually works pretty good. However, it doesnt really fit well if the doors are still on. It still goes on and does its job, but its more of a pain in the butt.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cover

I have the Best Top trail cover and it works great. It fits tight and one person can put it on in no time. There was one time last summer during a hard rain overnight it did puddle over the drivers seat but it didn't leak. I use it all the time.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

X3 for Bestop Trail Cover. I even use it with the safari top, Duster and Windjammer, though it doesn't slip into the lip around the trunk area properly when the Duster is installed. Still works to keep most water out. Biggest problem is without the safari top, the Trail Cover under heavy rains can sag in the middles (front/rear seats). I have to crawl inside and push up to get that water off of there, sometimes introducing a stream of water into the Jeep through the raised Trail Cover edges. But, I'm happy with it. It even survives very severe weather (something that my hood did not):

Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Mopar cab cover cause my dealer gave me one, but I've found it to be super easy. It crumples up and fits under a seat when not in use and just tosses over the cab when you need it. It doesn't provide full door coverage, though.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another vote for Bestop trail cover, material is thick and cover well made and stitched. Esp great for when doorless.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have hinge mounted mirrors when the doors are off. Will the bestop trail cover fit with mirrors on?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doojer
I use the Mopar cab cover cause my dealer gave me one, but I've found it to be super easy. It crumples up and fits under a seat when not in use and just tosses over the cab when you need it. It doesn't provide full door coverage, though.

Another vote for this one.
I don't remove the doors since it's the wifes Jk and she takes the grandaughter and her friends, so the doors stay on.
The Mopar cover is easy to throw on and protects the Jk pretty good against those sudden downpours in the summer when we have the soft top removed.
Of course we also have the Bestop trail duster, and that stays on all summer when the top is removed.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by redroc_jk
I have hinge mounted mirrors when the doors are off. Will the bestop trail cover fit with mirrors on?
I think you should be able to adjust the Trail Cover around mirrors mounted in the hinges, but it will leave a slight gap there that water could get into. However, I have used my Trail Cover with the factory doors and mirrors on, and there's enough slack there to permit it to be secured to the bottom of the Jeep (it uses plastic clips that slip over the bottom pinch seam). In that case, there's a large gap at the front of the Trail Cover on each side, but it's not a problem since the doors will keep water out.

Quick Reply: Anyone Recommend of a Good Cab Cover?